Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Imperial Super Commando - not a trooper?

Why this toon doesn't have a imperial trooper tag ?
  • I've always seen it as different parts of the military / defence system.
    I mean, you could argue that James Bond has commando training but he's not a foot soldier - he's not a trooper. He's an elite commando.
  • Gar Saxon and his troopers seemed more like a conscripted militia group employed by the empire rather than an official part of the imperial military. See the Rebels episode "Imperial Super Commandos."
  • Same reason Ashoka Tano (Fulcrum) doesn't have the Phoenix tag. Not the same division of the military group.
  • "yaklan42;c-1774436" wrote:
    Gar Saxon and his troopers seemed more like a conscripted militia group employed by the empire rather than an official part of the imperial military.

This. Thread closed.

• "yaklan42;c-1774436" wrote:
    Gar Saxon and his troopers seemed more like a conscripted militia group employed by the empire rather than an official part of the imperial military. See the Rebels episode "Imperial Super Commandos."

Conscripted isn't the right term, they're the security force of the Empire backed puppet government under Saxon on Mandalore.
  • Suppose for a moment that Gar Sax and the Super Commando DID have the trooper tag. What passive benefits would you imagine them giving to other troopers from their unique? For instance, storm gives defense, Starck gives armor pen, magma gives tenacity.
    I've always thought that Gar Sax would give counter/assist bonus damage and super commando would give counter chance.

Edit: We could also look at the Royal Guard for this treatment too. I would put potency (for a simple bonus to land stuns), or to go overboard a bit, maybe some sort of hound's tooth/nest/shuttle type of bonus protection gain when taking damage.