Forum Discussion

7 years ago

[Inquiry] Sith Raid Boss tenacity observation

After couple days of testing and seeing dev responses I still think the stacking tenacity is not working as intended.
In contrary, I think the Raid Bosses are *cheating* with the stacking tenacity system.
Why? Let us see an example:

Phase no. 2
In the red corner we have DAAARTH SIIIION.
In the slightly less red corner stands his opponent, DAAARTH VAAADER.
The match begins!
Darth Vader takes the first move, he try to Force Crush
But wait a sec! What is happening with Vader?! He chokes! He gets resisted!
The spectators are going wild!! How?! This is the first turn, where is Sion getting that tenacity from?!

So, here is how and why:
1.Vader gets his TM full
2. He(Player) chooses Force Crush special to use
3. Vader DEALS PHYSICAL DAMAGE
4. Vader tries to apply debuffs (tenacity check)
5. Mystically fail and all debuff gets resisted (or just get one of the four)

Why does he fail?
Because Sion's Impervious Foe unique applies between steps 3. and 4. so at the tenacity check, Sion already has the base tenacity +50% tenacity.
And THIS makes soooo hard, at the first turn, to inflict any debuffs.
(Vader is only ONE example, if you digest the abilities, almost all of the debuffers do damage first and then debuff , making it harder to be effective)

@CG_Carrie @CG_RyDiggs
Dear Developers,
Please make the bonus tenacity add up AFTER the tenacity check, because it is not really fair. (And it is just annoying to try again and again and again and again and again until at least one debuff sticks to the boss). Time consuming and doesn't seem to be WAI at all to me. Dealing proper damage to bosses is hard enough, why would you hurt the damage dealers even further?

In addition, this is why I and many of us are keep saying, that there is no team which can work properly (because the way the stacking tenacity adds up in the FIRST turn).

This is also issue with the other Bosses as well (Nihilus and Traya), Sion is just the most significant, since he has much higher base tenacity.

Please adress this issue.

CLARIFICATION
1.Vader has a full empire-Sith team, he goes immediately when entering the battle
2. Sion starts from 0% TM, untouched.
3. Every step happens DURING Vader's turn, the turn ends after the 5th step.
4. Sion Gains tenacity after 3rd step, but before 4th step (if it wasnt clear enough
5. Sion gains the bonus Tenacity Mid-turn, right after he suffers any sort of damage. (in this scenario, during Vader's turn)
6. This only affects the first attack on Sion (and every first attack after Sion took a turn)
7. This issue also applies to Traya and Nihilus
8. What I want is to have the tenacity gain as step no. 5.(where all the tenacity adds up if the boss was damaged more than once during that single turn)
EDIT
In Short, the text doesnt imply the 'when' factor explicitly. The way it currently works is unnecesary hard for lot of toons to begin the encounter. Mainly time consuming and just annoying, bad gaming experience and spoils the whole raid, making it hard to enjoy (I am tired to watch the intro 20 times, just because I cannot make Vader inflict a single dot in the first turn. I will try it anyways until I succed, so really pointless)