Forum Discussion

8 years ago

it's time for....PANIC FARMING=)

BB8 is coming in a few days and my 1st order aren't all 7*. also the devs gave a hint i dunno if it is about Thrawn event coming back on October (cant remember much on what i have read).well im not into complaining and FYI im f2p and very stingy! atm i was farming Hera, Ezra, Sabine, Chopp just to prepare in case the Thrawn event comes back and voyla! BB8 event! you need to prioritize FO first. So i wanna know how others feels about it? buying packs is the path to whalehood lol. aint gonna buy those packs not a chance! im gonna stay with panic farming just like what i did to get CLS.
  • "Daggerofmortis;c-1282722" wrote:
    It doesn't matter. Hard nodes are impossible to panic farm with or without double drops. They drop 0 shards very often and sometimes 2-3 shards on average.

This^.
    Sabine, ring a bell anyone? Those that couldnt buy 7* phoenix unlocked thrawn at 5* with chopper.

I had all FO 7* cept fotp was 6*, then phasma became the monthly log in toon. So I finished him up to 7* just before the bb8 announcement. Now i'm mearly "panic" farming a few pieces of gear. And I took advantage of double drops for shard currency to get some of the gear.

• Violin panic farming. Nothing violining worse than refreshing a hard node and pulling a violining zero shards IMVioliningO.
  • "Daggerofmortis;c-1283055" wrote:
    "Nikoms565;c-1283004" wrote:
    "Daggerofmortis;c-1282722" wrote:
    It doesn't matter. Hard nodes are impossible to panic farm with or without double drops. They drop 0 shards very often and sometimes 2-3 shards on average.

Hard nodes are 33% drop rate over a large enough sample size - just like every other character shard farm.

I'll believe it when I see those drop rates.

People and entire guilds have carefully tracked and recorded drop rates and psoted the results in these forums. Numerous times. It is 33% - you're belief is irrelevant.
  • "Nikoms565;c-1283168" wrote:
    "Daggerofmortis;c-1283055" wrote:

Hard nodes are 33% drop rate over a large enough sample size - just like every other character shard farm.

People and entire guilds have carefully tracked and recorded drop rates and psoted the results in these forums. Numerous times. It is 33% - you're belief is irrelevant.

I tracked my drop rates for FOTP and FOST from 4 star to 7 star. The drop rates were 27.6 and 24.3 percent, respectively. The 33 percent figure is a great generalization, but means nothing if you don't achieve it over the course of the farm.
  • "FiddleMaster;c-1283185" wrote:
    "Nikoms565;c-1283168" wrote:
    "Daggerofmortis;c-1283055" wrote:

I tracked my drop rates for FOTP and FOST from 4 star to 7 star. The drop rates were 27.6 and 24.3 percent, respectively. The 33 percent figure is a great generalization, but means nothing if you don't achieve it over the course of the farm.

I also tracked those 2 characters: FOTP 113 sims 28%, FOST 100 sims 32%, I eventually got tired and stopped tracking. The average is good, but the frequencies are very weird, several runs with not shards and then 5 shards in a day, RNG feels very unnatural compared to throwing a coin or dice, but fair in the long run.
  • "Gamaset;c-1294310" wrote:
    I
    thought the calendar said r2d2 this month?

It is. Iceih was just following up on a part of the discussion earlier in the thread about drop rates. He tracked it, and was posting his results to back up some of the info that was being shared when this was an active thread.

A bit of a necro, but I appreciate him posting his results!