Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Jedi Consular rework

Sabre strike- unchanged

Attack is defence- Does special damage to the target, this attack has a 50% health steal and has a 50% chance to stun the target for 1 turn.

Jedi healing- heal all allies 50% of there max health and remove all negative stats, but for each negative status removed reduce the healing effect by 5%, if no negative stats are removed in this way Jedi consular gains 50% turn meter.

Just my thoughts on a rework.
  • "SnakesOnAPlane;c-1057862" wrote:
    "crzydroid;c-1057803" wrote:
    Why? He's a generic starter toon, and I never got the impression he was going to be more than that when I started playing.

His ship is an absolute beast, and leveling him up makes it that much stronger.

This
  • "Carth_Onassi1973;c-1058226" wrote:
    "SnakesOnAPlane;c-1057862" wrote:
    "crzydroid;c-1057803" wrote:
    Why? He's a generic starter toon, and I never got the impression he was going to be more than that when I started playing.

His ship is an absolute beast, and leveling him up makes it that much stronger.

This

Meh. Outside of a full republic fleet, his ship is only an absolute beast if you are trying to psyche your opponents out with a bloated fleet power. He's got a really good ship. top 20 easily, but not really that good overall due to low speed.
  • "crzydroid;c-1057803" wrote:

This.

I don't feel like every toon needs to be arena viable. Or even used for anything other than the last chance GW character.

All I really care about is that iconic characters have a purpose
  • Giving the Consular one of the most versitile and important ships in fleet WAS the rework.

Consular is supposed to be a character you grow out of. Good in the beginning, but ultimately to be set aside in favor of better characters--usually Luminara, who also gets set aside later on in the game. Then, when you get to fleet battles, you have a strong enough team that you can afford to re-invest in old characters.
  • "Woodroward;c-1058233" wrote:

Meh. Outside of a full republic fleet, his ship is only an absolute beast if you are trying to psyche your opponents out with a bloated fleet power. He's got a really good ship. top 20 easily, but not really that good overall due to low speed.

Top 20 isn't saying much considering there's only 26 ships lol... he used to start for me because of his extra attack and protection up but since I unlocked Vader's Tie and Rex's Arc, JC's ship doesn't even sit on the bench anymore.
  • Why would they bother to rework a no name character when they can add a fan favourite or character from the new movies and make more money from people scrambling to get them!?
  • He could do with one, but I would rather they spend their efforts elsewhere. And, this is coming from someone who uses his ship, and has him at T8 or T9 gear and 7*.
    MasterSeedy
    Seasoned Hotshot
    I'm with Mzee.

Mine is 6* + 56shards; gear Tier8 (one Furnace away from T9). He's going to be my 5th 7* jedi in the Yoda challenge in a couple weeks (average of 3 shards/day x 18 days = 54, so I'm just using regular energy on Hard nodes). His ship is key to my eventual Zeta strategy. I regularly use him in GW's first 5 nodes and on occasion even later in GW.

He's not a good toon, but neither is he a truly bad toon. He has his uses. It's not a named character.

Ultimately not everyone can be above average. JC would be below average without his ship, with it he's... average. Not terrible. Not good. Average.

There are lots of toons more in need of a rework than an average JC, and lots of factions that need a rework even more than the Jedi do. There are so many Jedi that even though there isn't a truly great all-Jedi team with wicked synergies, you have several Jedi playing at the highest levels of Arena and GW. How many NightSisters can do that?

No, I would support a full faction pass where they really gave thought into making Jedi protectors as the Jedi were always said to be. I'd support taking a bit of time on characters that were supposed to be among the elite in power, even compared to other Jedi masters, but who ended up implemented in the game in ways that not only failed to compare evenly with other Jedi, but their implementations were just...boring. No fun to play. The only Black jedi, one that is supposed to be superior to Yoda in lightsaber combat, is not only underpowered, but he's so overwhelmingly pedestrian. There's nothing special about him. For a character played by an actor with the cool factor of Samuel L Jackson, that is a tragic step down.

Give NightSisters some love. Give Jedi some thought in an attempt to rework the faction as a whole. Give some characters like Mace that had true cool in the movies the rework they deserve.

Sometime after that, if the game is still going, they can look again at JC.
  • It's worth pointing out that not all reworks have to be total makeovers or drastic changes.

Some folks it's as easy as raising damage a smidge or adding health/protection because they were designed earlier in the game when metrics were different.