Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Jolee Bindo - Kenobi synergy

I along with many others are very excited about the (working) Bastilla leveling the playing field against the sith. We've all had to deal with the sith being op against the jedi for so long. I was very stoked for Jolee Bindo as he is one of my favorite jedi of all time. I was ready to invest in this character until I found out his healing ability was worded specifically so it wouldn't have synergy with kenobi's lead. I know I'm not alone when saying this was really dissapointing. I have since been holding off on investing in this character. I dont understand why they would do this? I want to hear If someone has an explanation for this. It would make the character so much more fun to use. If you feel the same way please comment or hit the like button so we can hopefully get this changed.
  • You were given an explanation in another thread. Combined with Hoda and others there will be too many gang up attacks in a row, it would be completely OP IIRC the discussion from his thread, and then the crying from the other side would be heard clear across the galaxy.

Sometimes there are decent - good reasons for when they do these kinds of things (like balance, which there finally is between the Jedi and Sith, now) and sometimes, well, there isn't, this seems to be the former

I know it doesn't seem fair or right, and the leader ability clearly shows that the synergy should be there, but OP is OP, and that trumps all these smaller details.
  • I agree with most of what you said, and I haven't seen the explanation you're speaking of. Maybe you could paste it here. But I totally disagree with you that it would be OP, especially when compared to the giant list of op abilities the sith have. It would be a strong attack and give more of a reason to use healers as well as a gk lead, instead of everyone using Bastilla. Btw hoda does not trigger this attack because his team heal is a basic and not a "special" which is required. Not to mention if you really wanted to launch like 6 in a row you would have to have a bunch of healers who do less damage. Also there would be like a hundred ways for sith or anyone else to disrupt it daze, stun, isolate, etc...
    I'm sorry but saying it's to op is just not valid given the abilities of other factions. Allowing it would bring more diversity and strategy to the game, rather than the one specific squad owns everything. I'm totally cool with Traya because shes like the ultimate prize right now. But why handicap a jedi healer like that, it makes no sense and more importantly no dollars.
  • Btw people are already crying because the jedi got a tenacity boost!? Criers will cry
  • Yes go watch some videos already, the Jedi are crushing the Sith in the arena, multiple set ups you don't even need Hoda, and you can use a 3* Bastilla, dude its already OP really, adding the Jolee thing would be BROKEN, which definitely seems to be why they did what they did.

As for the comment, you did see it, because you responded to it, which is why I remember it. You have some digging to do, it is in the Jolee or Bastilla thread, and really, watch some vids, Jedi are just a powerhouse now, adding anything else significant the balance shifts too much (and it would seem it did a tad already)
  • I've seen the videos, those are all palp leads not traya leads which can crush the new jedi. Also keep in mind the guys who make those videos have everybody geared and leveled to the max. Most dont have the resources to do that right away.
    And again I contend it's not OP, every video you're reacting to is a Bastilla lead, you would need a GK lead for jolee to launch a swarm attack and therefore lose all the advantages that come with a Bastilla lead (which is very effective against the sith). So no, having jolee and gk have the synergy they should would not be op. And again there is no valid reason for it to be taken away.
  • This was the comment you responded too, read it carefully.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1599784/#Comment_1599784

You are wrong about Hoda, he has special team heal. So there would be THREE back to back all on one attacks in a row, if not 4 or 5, it might keep going depending on cooldowns. I was not even aware TWO in a row was possible, talk about OP.

Much to learn, you still have
  • You are right about hoda, I was wrong about that. However as it stands now without jolee, a gk lead stacked with healers can potentially launch 5 swarms in a row. I not sure if you're actually reading my replies, but I've stated there are restrictions on the effectiveness of this strategy.

1.It can be countered by several abilities employed by the sith
    2. It requires you stack the team with healers who have less damage potential, not to mention the damage penalty applies to extra attackers.
    3. If Traya is the lead it is impossible to launch this strategy because she removes 35% health from anyone attacking out of turn, and units need to be at 100% health to participate in the swarm attack.
    4. Etc, etc,etc....
    Like I said even without jolee five swarms in a row is already possible and nobody calls that op, mainly because of the limiting factors I stated above. So that has been around this entire time and nobody has ever called the jedi op. So despite your reasoning and yoda quotes, saying jolee having this synergy is OP is just plain wrong.
  • And therefore there is no valid reason that cg should not allow him to participate in this synergy.