Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Let's argue on characters tags !

As I know many will disagree I just want this to be more of a debate more than a bashing :

As time goes by, characters are something getting new tags/changing their tags. I don't know if many of you remember of the huge debate before Old Ben rework and the fact he gained the rebel tag but it was basically the same as I'm going to propose.

Why wouldn't Sidious get a Separatist Tag ?
I'll weigh the pros and cons :
- Yes because : he was the true leader, behind everyone back. He gave orders to Dooku and then General Greivous and finally to Anakin and manipulated everyone to achieve his ultimate goal.
- No because as stated before, he wasn't the official face of the CSI and he probably would have killed separatists if they were in his direct way.

Why wouldn't Assaj get a Sith tag ?
- Yes because she was a Sith apprentice, as Maul and Savage and she used the training, even limited, of her master to become strong. She even eventually became so strong that Sidious felt the threat and asked Dooku to kill her, which he failed to do so. She then seeked revenge, as a Sith would do.
- No because she was an apprentice, again as Maul and Savage.

Why wouldn't Maul and Savage get the Separatist tag ?
- Yes because they were apprentice of Sith leading the separatist (respectively Sidious and Tyranus), they were the premise of it. Separatist appeared around that time with Nute leading them after receiving order from Sidious.
- No because they eventually turned their back and went on their own ways to get revenge on the people who betrayed them.

But for all of them, it still makes sense to add the tags because they were part of the movement, as Assaj is a separatist even though she also turned on them after she was betrayed by Dooku. And to add more, we are talking for a new tag for this characters, not adjusting the abilities (maybe for sidious at least but the other were not really separatist leaders).
It would give variety to people rosters and we'll most likely still have a use for them in the Geo TB, even Sidious might be a leader of Separatist in a special mission or something (even if this is not likely to happen).