Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Mandalorian Faction: What If?...

If the Mandalorian faction were created TODAY you would have a squad of Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Sabine Wren, Gar Saxon, Canderous Ordo and Imperial Super Commando.

Let’s say they had a leadership ability added to one of them that shared uniques like Phoenix squad:

Commando - Countrr Chance and +offense per enemies with no buffs
Saxon - Assist when ally attacks during enemy turn
Wren - +Crit chance +Crit damage
Jango - +Defense + Max health
Fett - Recover protection on each kill
Ordo - +Damage to taunt/marked. +turn meter when enemy has damage over times, +healt steal and potency for scoundrel and Old Republic allies.

If you wanna make them resurrect after dying you can but that might be overkill.

So many more potential options exist for this faction. Tarre Visla and Pre Visla should obviously be in the game. Maybe Bendak Starkiller.

I would say Mandalore from KOTOR II but i theorize that behind the helmet is actually Canderous Ordo and that would be redundant. But a general Mandalore to represent the current leader at any given time in history would be good as a faction leader, definitely.

We might have to wait until The Mandalorian premieres on Disney+ for a new character to possibly lead the faction but we all know this faction has to come eventually.

• "Nauros;c-1818440" wrote:
    Wasn't it confirmed that Mandalore the Preserver in KOTOR II is actually Canderous? It's been a while since I played it...

It was him
  • "Nauros;c-1818440" wrote:
    Wasn't it confirmed that Mandalore the Preserver in KOTOR II is actually Canderous? It's been a while since I played it...

Just let me think I’m special for recognizing it.
  • "banjo1071;c-1818450" wrote:
    "Enerdrizer;c-1818446" wrote:
    Are there any new facts in star wars about boba fett that make him manfalorian

Well, he is Jango-clone, so he is some sort of mandalorian. But then, every clonetrooper is, too

I should have asked about jango at first
  • "Enerdrizer;c-1818455" wrote:
    "banjo1071;c-1818450" wrote:
    "Enerdrizer;c-1818446" wrote:
    Are there any new facts in star wars about boba fett that make him manfalorian

Well, he is Jango-clone, so he is some sort of mandalorian. But then, every clonetrooper is, too

I should have asked about jango at first

Legends answer: Jango Fett was born on the world of Concord Dawn in 66 BBY, a world in the Mandalore sector and tied to the world of Mandalore. Here he became part of the Mandalorian Civil War that costed Fett his parents at the hands of the Death Watch. After killing the man who mudered his parents Fett was named a true Mandalorian and adopted by the Mand'alor Jaster Mereel.

Being a Mandalorian isn't about being born on the planet Mandalore. It's a way of life, a code and an ideal. This is embodied by the Six Actions, the Resol'nare:
  • Sharing ALL uniques is probably too much. But that "Mandalore" thingy may be an interesting way to define faction leadership - ANY character from faction can be placed in the leader slot, get some "Mandalore" leadership ability which is common for any character which take leader place, AND share his own uniques with entire squad. Probably not going to be implemented though. :)
  • It could be argued that Boba Fett is not Mandalorian and just using Mandalorian armor. But overall you can say Jango is Mandalorian.
  • Would definitely like to see a madalorian Faction. Maybe even a Deathwatch faction, with Previzal and Bo-Katan.

Hope this helps explain Boba and Jango a bit better.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWe1fSbptMc