Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Need updated Commander Ahsoka Tano and Razor Crest shards

As many months have passed by since Commander Ahsoka Tano and the Razor Crest were removed from the Conquest crates, I firmly believe there is a need for an update on their purchasable shard amount. They are now only found in the Conquest Store and the occasional Scavenger within the Conquest game mode.
For the casual player, and any non-endgame roster, it takes forever to unlock them. Limiting their shard amount to only 5 per purchase at this point in time is discouraging. As difficult and as much of a grind as Conquest is, it only seems appropriate to update the amount of shards you get per purchase for these "old" characters. Not everyone desires the brand new Conquest characters, nor even have the roster to utilize them. Hence, it only seems fair if the previous Conquest characters are obtainable at a more rapid rate than currently, as they are no longer fresh off the press.
I firmly believe this is a needed change and will make Conquest a bit more bearable for the players that do not desire the newest Conquest character, but rather acquire the previous ones. At the current rate, it is taking way too much time to unlock them with their current shard amount per purchase. If a player previously was not able to achieve the largest Conquest crate with these characters being rewarded, then they are now far behind on unlocking them, even when they are considered "old" Conquest characters. This needs to change. I can not understand the reasoning behind grinding week after week, month after month for a previous Conquest character only purchase them at a much slower rate than the current ones. Please address this.
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    If you had read the developers post on Conquest reward characters/ships release cadence, you’d have seen that after a full year from the date of introduction they’ll be moved to a more easily accessible farming location for others that haven’t yet 7*’d them.

There’d be little point to exclusivity if everyone had equal and immediate access to these characters/ships.
  • "Salatious_Scrum;c-2323690" wrote:
    If you had read the developers post on Conquest reward characters/ships release cadence, you’d have seen that after a full year from the date of introduction they’ll be moved to a more easily accessible farming location for others that haven’t yet 7*’d them.

There’d be little point to exclusivity if everyone had equal and immediate access to these characters/ships.

I read the post once it was announced. I also disagree with it. You tell me, what is the point of doing Conquest for anyone that is not able to get the characters within a reasonable amount of time through grinding Conquest time and time again, month after month after month? What is the reason for investing that much time only to end up having to wait a year before the character gets moved to a more accessible area in the game? If you are not able to participate in hard mode, nor able to get the max crates. Why can't you then unlock the character from saving up your Conquest currency over time solely for purchasing your character of choice? To me that makes no sense.
    You basically end up in a situation of where there is almost no point in investing in Conquest, because you won't be able to unlock the character in time before it gets moved to another area anyway. Thus, my initial idea remains. Why not increase the amount you gain per purchase for an older character? There would be no "equal and immediate access" anyway, as the player that has to keep purchasing the unit does it over a much longer period of time than the ones that unlock them first.
    To further prove my point, is it sustainable that a Conquest character is harder to get compared to a GL? That alone should scratch some heads.
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    A conquest character requires you to have a deeper roster so you can unlock it in the 6 conquests in which they’re the primary and then secondary prizes.

Someone that just zergs a GL like SLKR won’t have a deep roster, so they’ll have a tough time in Conquest and other game modes like the new GAC.

You’ll just have to accept you won’t get the Conquest character until it’s eventually moved to a more accessible farming location.