Forum Discussion

Grogu_4470
Seasoned Novice
4 years ago

Omega - Kit Idea (Please, Check Out)

Unit Name: Omega

Tags: Light Side, Support (AGI), Clone Trooper, Bad Batch
Description: Accurate support who strategically defends her allies.
Relic: Zygerrian Crossbow
How to unlock: Journey Character req. Bad Batch 4 + Nala Se

Basic: Zygerrian shot (Omega):
Spoiler
Deal special damage to target enemy. Remove 10% turn meter from debuffed enemies.
Animation: Omega fires at target enemy with her Zygerrian Crossbow twice, and one hits.

Special: A natural shot (Cooldown 6) (Zeta):
Spoiler
Deal 3x true damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs. Stun target enemy for 1 turn, which cannot be prevented or dispelled. Then, Omega gains 5% Offence for each buff dispelled from the target enemy until the end of the battle. This attack can't be evaded or resisted.
-Zeta: All buffs dispelled are copied onto Bad Batch allies.
Animation: Omega grabs a blaster and shoots it at target enemy.

Special: Strategic Veteran (Cooldown 4) (Zeta):
Spoiler
Inflict Marked on the 2 weakest enemies for 2 turns, which cannot be dispelled, resisted, or prevented. Then, all enemies lose 10% turn meter and are blinded for one turn. All allies gain defense up for 2 turns if they don't already have it, and gain 10% turn meter. Allies without stealth gain stealth for one turn.
-Zeta: Enemies are also confused for 3 turns, and allies gain health steal up for 2 turns.
Animation: Omega presses some buttons on a dejarik console.

Unique: Pure 1st Generation (Omega):
Spoiler
Omega has +5 speed and +5% health and protection for each Bad Batch ally. When a Bad Batch ally goes below 20% health or protection, they equalize the respective stat with all other Bad Batch allies. If Omega is alive and Wrecker is an ally, he revives with 50% health and protection, and 7 stacks of fury, the first time he is defeated.

Please tell me if this alternative clause for the end of her unique is better: Wrecker has +50% defense and health steal.
  • "TheChild_eats_eggs1;c-2275300" wrote:
    "jedimasterashla;c-2275293" wrote:
    A natural shot has scout trooper in it, is that supposed to be there?

I used Xcien’s Scout Trooper kit idea to make a format template

I'm honored that you thought my Scout Trooper kit was good enough to be used as a template. Thank you.
    Grogu_4470
    Seasoned Novice

Grogu_4470
    Seasoned Novice
    "Xcien;c-2275306" wrote:
    "TheChild_eats_eggs1;c-2275300" wrote:

I'm honored that you thought my Scout Trooper kit was good enough to be used as a template. Thank you.

Haha. Any kit feedback tho?
  • To be honest, your design is better than CG's Omega, but I have some little suggestions in regards to wording and balancing.

1. Wording
    How many stacks of Confuse will Omega apply in her second Special? Will enemies with Marked suffer Confuse, or all enemies? This is crucial because if you applied an AOE 3-stacks of Confuse..., I fear it would be OP.
    On the other hand, in her second special, you wrote " All allies gain Defense Up for 2 turns, Stealth, and gain 10% TMs." What is your direction, or orientation, for designing this character? She belongs to Bad Batch, and you want to make her more viable? These buffs and bonusescould be granted by other characters, and there is no need to make her as viable as this.

2. Balancing
    For her basic:
    The only element Bad Batch needs is an Ability Block. This is important when going against GLs, and she would be more useful if her Basic has Ability Block. From another perspective, the cooldowns of any ability you designed for her is large, so she would use her basic more often, and Ability Block would be nice in this situation. On the other hand, her TM removal could be easily achieved by Hunter's lead, so why bothering adding another TM removal mechanism?

For Strategic Veteran:
    Spoiler
    As explained above, Confuse is a way more annoying debuff than Buff Immunity (one stack = Buff Immunity, two stacks: can't gain TMs, counter, or assist, three stack = Cooldown Increase when using basic). I get it when you designed her as a Journey character, but even C-3PO didn't have an AOE that applies Confuse to all enemies. Confuse also serves the purpose of Cooldown Increase, which Echo already can take care of that. Bad Batch can already dispel debuffs thanks to Echo and apply tons of debuffs. Therefore, I doubted that the Zeta for this ability is more like a cherry on top, yet a cherry that may undermine the design.

One more thing: she's a prodigy, not necessarily a veteran.

For A Natural Shot:
    Spoiler
    Her this Zeta is not that useful. Omega copied all the buffs dispelled to all Bad Batch allies, which is similar to GMY. However, this ability's Zeta is not that helpful, but more like, again, an unnessary addition, since this buff-copy is limited to Bad Batch allies.
    For example, Hunter can spread Evasion Up and Stealth, Critical Chance Up and Offense Up while in Stealth; Tech grants Translation, Potency Up, Stealth in his second Ability, and he also spreads Foresight, Tenacity Up, and Stealth; Wrecker spreads Defense Up and Tenacity Up, and Echo, the MVP in this team, spreads Evasion Up. So why do we need an extra buff-copy mechanism?
    In addition, this ability has a Cooldown of 6, which means it takes a long time to do so. Although Tech's translation could fix this, but still, not that helpful overall.

For her unique:
    Spoiler
    Revive of Wrecker is nice. But do you really think she cares Wrecker only? What about her tie with Hunter, Tech, and Echo? Go watch the show in detail and you will find the answer.
    From in-game perspective, I would probably do this:
    (Zeta)
    Omega has +5 speed and +5% health and protection for each Bad Batch ally. Whenever a Bad Batch ally falls below 20% health or protection, they equalize the respective stat with all other Bad Batch allies.
    (Zeta) In addition, if Omega is active, each Bad Batch ally will gain the following bonuses until the end of the encounter:
    Hunter: immune to Fear
    Echo: gain +5% Potency for each active Bad Batch ally.
    Wrecker: when defeated for the first time, revive with 50% health and protection, and gain Taunt and Buff Immunity for 1 turn, which can't be dispelled.
    Tech: assist whenever Omega uses a Special Ability.

Lastly, tell us her base speed. Hope my suggestion helps.
    Grogu_4470
    Seasoned Novice
    "PigRiderStarWatcher;c-2277828" wrote:
    To be honest, your design is better than CG's Omega, but I have some little suggestions in regards to wording and balancing.

1. Wording
    How many stacks of Confuse will Omega apply in her second Special? Will enemies with Marked suffer Confuse, or all enemies? This is crucial because if you applied an AOE 3-stacks of Confuse..., I fear it would be OP.
    On the other hand, in her second special, you wrote " All allies gain Defense Up for 2 turns, Stealth, and gain 10% TMs." What is your direction, or orientation, for designing this character? She belongs to Bad Batch, and you want to make her more viable? These buffs and bonusescould be granted by other characters, and there is no need to make her as viable as this.

2. Balancing
    For her basic:
    The only element Bad Batch needs is an Ability Block. This is important when going against GLs, and she would be more useful if her Basic has Ability Block. From another perspective, the cooldowns of any ability you designed for her is large, so she would use her basic more often, and Ability Block would be nice in this situation. On the other hand, her TM removal could be easily achieved by Hunter's lead, so why bothering adding another TM removal mechanism?

For Strategic Veteran:
    Spoiler
    As explained above, Confuse is a way more annoying debuff than Buff Immunity (one stack = Buff Immunity, two stacks: can't gain TMs, counter, or assist, three stack = Cooldown Increase when using basic). I get it when you designed her as a Journey character, but even C-3PO didn't have an AOE that applies Confuse to all enemies. Confuse also serves the purpose of Cooldown Increase, which Echo already can take care of that. Bad Batch can already dispel debuffs thanks to Echo and apply tons of debuffs. Therefore, I doubted that the Zeta for this ability is more like a cherry on top, yet a cherry that may undermine the design.

One more thing: she's a prodigy, not necessarily a veteran.

For A Natural Shot:
    Spoiler
    Her this Zeta is not that useful. Omega copied all the buffs dispelled to all Bad Batch allies, which is similar to GMY. However, this ability's Zeta is not that helpful, but more like, again, an unnessary addition, since this buff-copy is limited to Bad Batch allies.
    For example, Hunter can spread Evasion Up and Stealth, Critical Chance Up and Offense Up while in Stealth; Tech grants Translation, Potency Up, Stealth in his second Ability, and he also spreads Foresight, Tenacity Up, and Stealth; Wrecker spreads Defense Up and Tenacity Up, and Echo, the MVP in this team, spreads Evasion Up. So why do we need an extra buff-copy mechanism?
    In addition, this ability has a Cooldown of 6, which means it takes a long time to do so. Although Tech's translation could fix this, but still, not that helpful overall.

For her unique:
    Spoiler
    Revive of Wrecker is nice. But do you really think she cares Wrecker only? What about her tie with Hunter, Tech, and Echo? Go watch the show in detail and you will find the answer.
    From in-game perspective, I would probably do this:
    (Zeta)
    Omega has +5 speed and +5% health and protection for each Bad Batch ally. Whenever a Bad Batch ally falls below 20% health or protection, they equalize the respective stat with all other Bad Batch allies.
    (Zeta) In addition, if Omega is active, each Bad Batch ally will gain the following bonuses until the end of the encounter:
    Hunter: immune to Fear
    Echo: gain +5% Potency for each active Bad Batch ally.
    Wrecker: when defeated for the first time, revive with 50% health and protection, and gain Taunt and Buff Immunity for 1 turn, which can't be dispelled.
    Tech: assist whenever Omega uses a Special Ability.

Lastly, tell us her base speed. Hope my suggestion helps.

Thx for ur feedback. When I’m on my laptop, I can respond more easily