Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Orbital Bombardment special ability doing no damage

Just finished the BH portion of the Dark Side territory battle. I always save the special "orbital bombardment" for opportune moments, but when I used it, it literally did zero damage to the enemy team, and ability blocked a few. I don't care what kind of mass defense bonus they have, but the fact that the special did either "zero" or "negligible" damage to the enemy in only the third round, forget the fourth round, HAS to be some sort of game glitch.
  • "Whatelse73;c-1400565" wrote:
    Bottom Line: Rebels are still too overpowered and our "buffs" we work hard and sacrifice to get (by filling platoons) aren't doing nearly enough. Even if you have both the AT-AT and AoE air attack, you don't do squat. (Especially when the elite commander who has foresight on him more than JT Rey does heals his entire team for 100%, regardless of what state their HP is in). Oh and then when you don't kill the targets, they'll get healed back to full health, two or three will pop taunt and health up and defense (Seriously? Three buffs in one move? Kinda excessive guys.)

Excessive? It's effing ridiculous.
  • Glad it's not just me. And Whatelse73 hits the nail on the head with what he is saying about it almost not even being worth those platoons if it really makes that LITTLE of a difference. You get to use it _maybe_ once per round, if that, so having to sacrifice dozens and dozens of toons across the guild to get little to no benefits (other than the TP bonus for completing the platoons) feels like a waste. I'm not asking for an insta kill, but how about make the AT-AT go through armor? Because I KNOW its being affected by defence up, because as I said in original post, it couldn't even kill someone BELOW 50%! Which is completely contrary to what the tooltip says it does.

Bottom line is that CG had better not be done "tuning" this DS TB.

Maybe its proximity bias, but LSTB never felt this unbalanced. Yeah, It was/is difficult, especially at higher tiers, but it also doesn't feel like I'm being gutted by sandpaper when I lose. Can you guys please QA things while not using maxed out g12 of every toon to check your balancing? That's not how this works. Only a small percentage of higher end guilds have 4-5 full teams of legendary geared characters. The vast majority, even those with whales in them (i.e. the only customers you give a crap about), that don't. So why would you be QAing an experience that the VAST MAJORITY of your player base (again, including your PAYING CUSTOMERS) are not getting?

Maybe think and test before releasing something this big next time.
  • "nmelcer;c-1404557" wrote:
    Glad it's not just me. And Whatelse73 hits the nail on the head with what he is saying about it almost not even being worth those platoons if it really makes that LITTLE of a difference. You get to use it _maybe_ once per round, if that, so having to sacrifice dozens and dozens of toons across the guild to get little to no benefits (other than the TP bonus for completing the platoons) feels like a waste. I'm not asking for an insta kill, but how about make the AT-AT go through armor? Because I KNOW its being affected by defence up, because as I said in original post, it couldn't even kill someone BELOW 50%! Which is completely contrary to what the tooltip says it does.

Maybe its proximity bias, but LSTB never felt this unbalanced. Yeah, It was/is difficult, especially at higher tiers, but it also doesn't feel like I'm being gutted by sandpaper when I lose. Can you guys please QA things while not using maxed out g12 of every toon to check your balancing? That's not how this works. Only a small percentage of higher end guilds have 4-5 full teams of legendary geared characters. The vast majority, even those with whales in them (i.e. the only customers you give a **** about), that don't. So why would you be QAing an experience that the VAST MAJORITY of your player base (again, including your PAYING CUSTOMERS) are not getting?

I agree, DS TB needs to be toned down about 25%. The devs do realize that the rebels were crushed at the battle of Hoth right?
  • "nmelcer;c-1404557" wrote:
    Glad it's not just me. And Whatelse73 hits the nail on the head with what he is saying about it almost not even being worth those platoons if it really makes that LITTLE of a difference. You get to use it _maybe_ once per round, if that, so having to sacrifice dozens and dozens of toons across the guild to get little to no benefits (other than the TP bonus for completing the platoons) feels like a waste. I'm not asking for an insta kill, but how about make the AT-AT go through armor? Because I KNOW its being affected by defence up, because as I said in original post, it couldn't even kill someone BELOW 50%! Which is completely contrary to what the tooltip says it does.

Maybe its proximity bias, but LSTB never felt this unbalanced. Yeah, It was/is difficult, especially at higher tiers, but it also doesn't feel like I'm being gutted by sandpaper when I lose. Can you guys please QA things while not using maxed out g12 of every toon to check your balancing? That's not how this works. Only a small percentage of higher end guilds have 4-5 full teams of legendary geared characters. The vast majority, even those with whales in them (i.e. the only customers you give a **** about), that don't. So why would you be QAing an experience that the VAST MAJORITY of your player base (again, including your PAYING CUSTOMERS) are not getting?

Agreed, DS TB needs to be tones down by 25% at least. The devs do know that the rebels were crushed during the Battle of Hoth right?