Forum Discussion

Vaderizer
Seasoned Newcomer
6 years ago

Padmé w/ Geonosians?

I've been going hard on the Geos since the Alpha was introduced and I expect to have him at least 6-starred by the time Padme returns. She's a low priority for me as my Republic are all pretty weak, but it sure would be neat if I could get her as a bonus for building the team.

I don't know the mechanics of the fight super well, except:

- Roelee Findo can revive everyone except Padmé
- Padme gives Protection Up in response to out-of-turn attacks

I suspect it will be extremely difficult due to the second part, since the entire Geo team attacks every turn, but I'm thinking maybe if she doles out a ton of stacks I might be able to one-shot dudes with the Spy. Can anyone offer further insight as to what might work?
  • "piggypooo;c-1913158" wrote:
    so with the first event, no one was using B1 cause he was royally messing things up with his constant assists whenever someone used an ability. I can attest to this personally as well. With geos brood lead, the entire team is an assist fest..anyone have thoughts about this?

Well, the thing is that the team has 50% health steal. It might work like plague and Nihilus and if you still have protection but your health runs out you die.

Also, with the heal of 1 of the kits, Hive-Mind, and modding you should be able to mod so that it is a war of attrition.
  • "Jarvind;d-208529" wrote:
    I've been going hard on the Geos since the Alpha was introduced and I expect to have him at least 6-starred by the time Padme returns. She's a low priority for me as my Republic are all pretty weak, but it sure would be neat if I could get her as a bonus for building the team.

I don't know the mechanics of the fight super well, except:

- Roelee Findo can revive everyone except Padmé
    - Padme gives Protection Up in response to out-of-turn attacks

I suspect it will be extremely difficult due to the second part, since the entire Geo team attacks every turn, but I'm thinking maybe if she doles out a ton of stacks I might be able to one-shot dudes with the Spy. Can anyone offer further insight as to what might work?

I am building my Genosians and am wondering the same thing. A lot of people don't have a full Genosian team so it is really useful to a guild for the new battle. I guess in the end if you make your Genosians tough enough there is no way they can't beat the Padme event. You just might need to G13 them a bit. I would recommend G13 alpha since Hive Mind only up while alpha is active. Also, you will need to g13 a bit anyway to beat that TB event for the Tambor shards

Just remember to zeta the unique and not lead on alpha, the lead zeta stinks bad.
  • I think hive mind is going to make it hard to beat with geos as they are right now. They hit way to soft, add in the 50% damage reduction and I don't see them out hitting the prot up buff. You also really need b2 to deal with the prot up buffs in the 7 star fight or courage will just melt your team.
  • so with the first event, no one was using B1 cause he was royally messing things up with his constant assists whenever someone used an ability. I can attest to this personally as well. With geos brood lead, the entire team is an assist fest..anyone have thoughts about this?
  • I’m going to use a mix - seems counterintuitive to use Brood Alpha, Soldier and possibly even Dooku (although much less so).
    My team will be:
    zNute, Sun Fac, Spy*, B2, zzVentress
    *Dooku might work instead of Spy...
  • "Shadowscream;c-1914901" wrote:
    I’m going to use a mix - seems counterintuitive to use Brood Alpha, Soldier and possibly even Dooku (although much less so).
    My team will be:
    zNute, Sun Fac, Spy*, B2, zzVentress
    *Dooku might work instead of Spy...

I say if you are going to go Genosian go all in on it because that out of turn attack thing is gonna give protection regen. Might as well maximize the team if you are going to be doing that
  • No no....all in = mass out of turn attacks = death.
    Sun Fac will taunt and do some out of turn attacks
    Spy will be man managed to stealth then one shot Padme - then die
    This strat was used successfully last time the only difference is that I will be using Nute instead of Poggle.

The team some people used last time to get 7* Padme was:
    Poggle, Sun Fac, Spy, Ventress, and B2. PLUS not a fluke as several different people used this setup.
    (G12 obviously)