Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Phase 4 NAAT math, strategy, and discoveries

So I am able to reliably topple the tank in phase 4 with my droid team using HK(L), IG-88, IG-86, JE, and K2S0. I was using B2 for the AoE, but K2S0 does way more damage, and the counterattacks and bonus turns they grant more than make up for single target only damage.

Now my only source of a group buff in this composition is, of course, Jawa Engineer. This is a very risky proposition as Recalibrate only gives a crit chance buff for 2 turns. When you figure that under and HK lead my droids basically never have less than 50% tm and recalibrate gives 45% tm (at max level, which it HAD to be to make this work), it works out to more or less be a one turn buff for everyone but Jawa Engineer.

So precise timing is necessary. I fiddled around with speed secondaries for a while. I finally hit a good rhythm when I got him around 219 speed in his character panel. His unique is maxed so that means that he operates at a 269 speed in combat.

Recalibrate has a long cooldown and a short buff duration so in order to have it up in time to use for the airstrike I need to have Jawa Engineer go twice in between topples. In actuality I really need to cause the second topple with Jawa Engineer's action (ok, it's really the auto assist that does it, or the toon that assisted practically always gets full tm for doing so, so takes a turn with no change in anyone else's tm) when it says recalibrate cooldown is on 3. Doing so will let me topple the tank every single time and have recalibrate pop up RIGHT before the topple ends (it actually looks like it is full at that point). Now once I cast recalibrate, I can pretty much do whatever I want before the topple ends EXCEPT use IG-86's assist (unless he goes first afterwards) because doing so will give a droid full tm for a SECOND time, which makes the buff drop off, and they die.

Now if at 269 speed I take exactly 3 turns like clockwork before the tank gets back up (and it is exactly since I am toppling with JE) one can surmise that my speed is uber close to exactly 3 times that of the toppled tank. 269 / 3 = 89 2/3.

Now it couldn't be faster than me or I couldn't reliably go before it, which means its speed is not 90. That means it has a toppled speed of either 88 or 89.

Knowing what speed the cab goes could allow people to use other short term buffers and reliably topple this beast. They just have to be the one to topple, and have their speed be close to a multiple of 89. So 178 would be good, as is 267, and 355. Those are pretty specific breakpoints, but hey. They're better than nothing. ESPECIALLY if you end up skipping the topple otherwise.

Side note: In doing all this testing. I have had runs where I landed a slow on the cab, and runs where I didn't. Whether or not there was a slow on the cab, it still took exactly 3 turns of Jawa Engineer for the topple to end. I would conclude from this that speed down does exactly nothing to the tank when it is toppled.

TLDR: The speed of the toppled tank in phase 4 NAAT is 89, Speed down doesn't affect the cab when toppled, & Short term buffers can be used to topple the tank at certain speed breakpoints.

Anybody else have some information to share about this?

Comments and questions are welcome.