Forum Discussion

masterxan
Rising Newcomer
6 years ago

Problem- Ship Building Materials

• We need a Ship Credit Heist event and/or other sources of ship credits
  • Long-time players need something to do with ship credits besides promoting and leveling up ships

I know all the established players have huge stockpiles of ship credits- er, Ship Building Materials. One of my friends is sitting on 50 million+. But this is not true for newer players. Let's talk hard numbers.

• Hard Ship Node 4c has a payout of 2,304 credits- and just 480 ship credits
    • The achievement Ship Collection (15) gives out 50k credits- and just 25k ship credits
    • The prestigious quest Jedi Knight 1/4 gives out 50k credits- and zero ship credits. Note this requires a 7* Jedi Consular ship
    • The largest purchasable pack of credits is 1.19-3.57m credits for 1,120 crystal. That's 1,063-3,188 credits per crystal. The largest pack of ship credits is 360k-1.08m for 840 crystal, or 429-1,286 ship credits per crystal
    • In the Squad Arena store, 2000 tokens gets you 1m credits, or 500 credits per token. In the Cantina Battles store, 400 tokens gets you 84k ship credits, or 210 ship credits per token
    • A full clear of Galactic War gives out 647,200 credits- and just 139,400 ship credits
    • HAAT gives max 1.13m credits, but just 280k ship credits
    • There is no ship credit equivalent to the Credit Heist

See the trend here? Most glaringly, ship-oriented content usually gives out more credits than ship credits. I now have six ship promotions waiting for credits, 3 of which are for my fleet arena squad. And don't get me started on trying to level the ships to 85. As more ships are released and particularly if the ship releases come faster, this trend will only get worse.

Compare this to the players sitting on huge stockpiles of ship credits. Clearly, there is a problem- newer players can't get enough, while the currency has no value to long-time players.
    We need more ship credits for newbies and a place to spend them for oldies.
      masterxan
      Rising Newcomer
      "Huatimus;c-1765753" wrote:

I also constantly use them up buying mods at the mod store.

Looks like the mod store offers a variable number of mods for ship creds; the day I looked it was only two, the next time I looked it was 8. So perhaps there is enough there for the long-term player to spend on.
      "GhostTruckin;c-1765760" wrote:
      No problem, it’s managable is you are conscientious

What do you consider "conscientious"? I make 3m ship creds a week. It takes 5m to level one ship from 1-85. So to level a single ship already requires nearly two weeks of saving, and that doesn't include the promotion costs or upgrade costs (the 3rd reinforcement ability costs half a mil alone).

"Oh, well stop leveling up new ships from the ground up," you might say. Most of that cost is at the end. 2.6m to level from 75-85, 1.5m from the final two promotions.

It will take me 4 months to finish getting the 12 ships needed to start farming capital ship shards, and I already have those ships promoted to 5* and levels 75-85. That's 4 months to bring 6 rebel and 6 DS ships and the three capitals up one or two star promotions and between zero and ten ship levels.

I know this game is a marathon, it shouldn't be done in a week. But if they continue releasing more ships at a faster rate, it will become impossible to catch up.

And no, buying ship creds from the Cantina shop is not a sustainable option for newer players. Doing so means ignoring the characters in that shop. Chopper, Daka, FO Officer, there are some key characters there.
    • I constantly get ship building mats via cantina shipments.

I also constantly use them up buying mods at the mod store.

Problems solved.
    • "Taejang;c-1768417" wrote:
      And no, buying ship creds from the Cantina shop is not a sustainable option for newer players. Doing so means ignoring the characters in that shop. Chopper, Daka, FO Officer, there are some key characters there.

It is a viable option complete with the tradeoffs you mentioned. I did it for most of the time between unlocking fleet and hitting 85 and it was one of the things that enabled me to remain in the top 10 in fleet arena that whole time.
      masterxan
      Rising Newcomer
      "Rath_Tarr;c-1768679" wrote:
      "Taejang;c-1768417" wrote:

It is a viable option complete with the tradeoffs you mentioned. I did it for most of the time between unlocking fleet and hitting 85 and it was one of the things that enabled me to remain in the top 10 in fleet arena that whole time.

Let's say I use Cantina refreshes to afford one purchase of 84k materials daily. That brings my average daily ship cred income from 430k to 520k, a difference of 600k per week. ie my weekly income goes from 3m to 3.6m. That's not enough to correct the problem, it only slows the rate of falling behind, while also consuming all my crystals and keeping me from getting anything else in the Cantina shop. (Maybe not a fair statement, as the crystals also go toward whatever I'm farming in Cantina battles.)

My point isn't that it is impossible, rather it is far slower than credit income and not sufficient to allow a F2P player to catch up if they continue releasing new ships. If they release two ships a month (or one capital), it becomes nearly impossible to catch up; at one ship a month it simply takes a very long time.
    • All I can tell you is that I've been buying ship building mats from cantina shipments for a long time. All my ships are max level and so will any new ships, I even splurged 60M on mods the moment they introduced mods for ship mats in the mod shop. Refresh cost for mod shop is surprisingly very reasonable.
      And I'm still buying mods with ship building mats regularly so I'm pretty sure you will eventually reach this stage once you progress further in the game. And you should be able to afford more than 1 cantina shipment of ship building mats daily if you're refreshing cantina energy.
    • So focus you ship credits on your arena team and don't worry about getting every new ship to 85?

Ship credits are going to come in at a slower rate - there's a lot less content to spend it on.

Do I have ships I could level/promote still? Yeah. Am I sitting on a pile of credits? Yeah.

My caps are all 7* 85, I've got at least 2 fleets worth of 7* 85 ships....there's no need to keep making myself broke upgrading everything in sight.