Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Protip: Do Dark Side 5-F every day

It drops purple hair dryers salt shakers, purple eyeballs, and Royal Guard shards.

Neither of those epic gears are available in the challenges, and Royal Guard is a strong and very difficult to farm character.
  • "HanSlowMo;188192" wrote:
    Yeah, skipping RG...would love to have him now, not this summer. By the time I have him at 7* the meta will change, or some other tank will outshine him. I'll feel bad for everyone farming him now, only to get him to 4-5* and he gets nerfed like Poe or is no longer viable.

Poe is still viable. And he was way OP in the earlier speed system. Yes, I believe the nerf was uncalled for once that system was changed but I repeat, he's still viable.

Anyway, so, who are you getting? Who's not going to get nerfed by the time he's/she's 4~5 stars?
  • "Azraelrulez;188205" wrote:
    "HanSlowMo;188192" wrote:
    Yeah, skipping RG...would love to have him now, not this summer. By the time I have him at 7* the meta will change, or some other tank will outshine him. I'll feel bad for everyone farming him now, only to get him to 4-5* and he gets nerfed like Poe or is no longer viable.

Poe is still viable. And he was way OP in the earlier speed system. Yes, I believe the nerf was uncalled for once that system was changed but I repeat, he's still viable.

Anyway, so, who are you getting? Who's not going to get nerfed by the time he's/she's 4~5 stars?

Oh he is, but just not the "hot new" tank RG seems to be. I just try to be realistic, RG is a tough farm and I can totally see him being pushed out by the time I 7* him, then being pissed I wasted so much time. And to be transparent, I already have Poe and STHan 7* so I don't *need* RG. By all means anyone can farm him if they want, I see it too risky that too much will change by the time I have him in a usable form (many months).

I'm trying to speculate my one node heroes to dump resources in because it gets expensive, I picked Ewok Elder (more ewoks coming eventually, and by the time I finish Elder and Scout they should be in game). Also Hoth Rebel Soldier (Akbar is due for a buff, more rebels coming...and honestly soldier is kinda junk now and I can see him getting love eventually). I could be wrong, but changing my farming habits everytime the meta changes or someone gets a buff will just leave me getting heroes to 4* then changing to the new hot meta and not really progressing.
  • "SpeedWeed;188291" wrote:
    Hard nodes which offer a non cantina node /gw shipments/arena shipment farmable shard with 2 purples are worth the energy investment.

Unless u have a specific gear piece u want asap

Early shards for cantina shipments are also worthwhile since cantina shipments are the slowest

Long term how u invest your energy efficiently is important if u are not a whale and intended to play the game long term.

Unless it's a character shard that isn't particularly interesting, I feel the opposite is true. Hard mode heroes that rely on 1-2 areas only to obtain their shards are far more difficult to get instead of say 50 stun cuffs. I would much rather spend an energy refresh or two on specific gear farming than focus on hard modes that have purples and bypassing long time heroes I'm going for. If I have a pick between a good hero node with junk gear and a mediocre hero with 2 purples I would take the hero I want 10 out of 10 times. Purples can be farmed endlessly with energy refreshes, heroes cannot (at least cheaply).

Of course in a perfect world it would be nice to hit all the marks while farming, but sometimes a great hero has limited nodes with bad gear, but is more important to me.
  • "DarthPhelps;188203" wrote:
    "Puglio;187979" wrote:
    Oh, well I always thought they were salt shakers. I thought it is what we call hair dryers. It's the droid callers. It's still an epic gear that isn't in challenges.

Not in challenges? Then it's not the 'salt shakers' I'm thinking of perhaps? I don't have DS Hard 5F unlocked just yet (Normal DS Endor 6-D with the Ewoks is giving me fits), so I can't see it.

So are we not referring to this item?
    img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/DarthPhelps/Star%20Wars/SWGOH%20INT_Gear%20Salt%20Shaker_zpsn4djctng.png

Because I always referred to these as "Salt Shakers". ;)

That's the one! The Mk 4 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage.

The problem is although it's in the image for the challenge, it isn't one of the actual rewards. It lies!

So what is the hairdryer, then?

"InternetSwag;188012" wrote:
    "Puglio;19210" wrote:
    It drops purple hair dryers, purple eyeballs, and Royal Guard shards.

Neither of those epic gears are available in the challenges, and Royal Guard is a strong and very difficult to farm character.

So I can have RG in only 6 months! Great!

Well yeah, you aren't going to 7* him. But getting him to 4* or so can help wear down opponents in Galactic War, and he's a beast in the tank challenge.
  • "SpeedWeed;188462" wrote:
    "HanSlowMo;188429" wrote:
    "SpeedWeed;188291" wrote:
    Hard nodes which offer a non cantina node /gw shipments/arena shipment farmable shard with 2 purples are worth the energy investment.

Unless u have a specific gear piece u want asap

Early shards for cantina shipments are also worthwhile since cantina shipments are the slowest

Long term how u invest your energy efficiently is important if u are not a whale and intended to play the game long term.

Unless it's a character shard that isn't particularly interesting, I feel the opposite is true. Hard mode heroes that rely on 1-2 areas only to obtain their shards are far more difficult to get instead of say 50 stun cuffs. I would much rather spend an energy refresh or two on specific gear farming than focus on hard modes that have purples and bypassing long time heroes I'm going for. If I have a pick between a good hero node with junk gear and a mediocre hero with 2 purples I would take the hero I want 10 out of 10 times. Purples can be farmed endlessly with energy refreshes, heroes cannot (at least cheaply).

Of course in a perfect world it would be nice to hit all the marks while farming, but sometimes a great hero has limited nodes with bad gear, but is more important to me.

My daily energy refills go into Rey Anakin imgd RG EE Daka hard nodes.

To be fair the only good node for me is the 20 IMGD n the Anakin node 16 energy node.

No one is suggesting u farm a useless shard node. I don't think anyone would ever want to farm ugnaught nodes now.

Oh no I just mean, if it's a "good node" with two purples and you have to choose between one with a hero you want/need or one with good purple drops, always go with the character.

Just an additional comment that sometimes you just can't be as efficient long term as you'd like. IMGD is an awesome node, EE isn't (I farm both as well).
  • Poe 7B has Poe plus cuffs plus eyeballs. 50 Eyeballs necessary for Yoda to get to G9. 50 Cuffs for QGJ and IG86. Poe is still very effective against some comps. And if he exposes 5 toons you basically auto-win. Just nothing like what he was in previous tiered speed meta.
  • @HanSlowMo , I've started on Elder too (3 stars and 5 shards, haha). I've always wanted to get him and finally took the plunge when he dropped in a Bronzium. Getting Teebo too from GW.

I got Poe from the Force awakens pack (I think) and didn't touch him at all. Feverishly worked on him when those infamous patch notes were released and now he's lying at 4 stars, farming him as a side project as I didn't have another tank (lol, Chewy is there). He still subs in once in a while in Arena.

I'm getting RG too as his health is mean. Even if the meta shifts, if you think about it, he makes the most sense for a tank. Very tanky, no speed/turn limitation on when he'll taunt and he stuns. What else do you need? He's 12k health at just 4 stars!