Forum Discussion

9 years ago

R2D2!

Confirmed to be in the game if you watched EA Play, they showed a clip of the game and you could see him in action
  • "Petrozza;475888" wrote:
    http://i.imgur.com/rknq5PI.gif

R2-D2 the anti-droid droid. What a savage.
  • "Salacious_Slug;476219" wrote:
    Cool to see John from CG in the clip. Sadly, CG_John went missing shortly after the filming of this commercial. If you have any information related to his whereabouts please contact officer Turtle at Sacramento P.D.

So much could be fixed if they only found him and let him talk.
  • "SifuSteve;475976" wrote:
    I'm gonna go out on my shield with this news. I was worried they'd bring R2 in because the whole point of R2 and Threepio in the Star Wars saga was that they weren't combatants - they were narrators. R2 may have defended himself with some boisterous tricks but a soldier, he is not. I now know that at some point I will witness Darth Vader being killed by R2D2 and that's not something any Star Wars fan should ever witness (kinda like having the Force explained to you with science or Greedo shooting first).

R2 is a cash cow. He's one of those most iconic characters in the saga and he will sell like hot cakes. But I don't think we really needed him in this game. It opens up the flood gates for Ninja C3PO and Ballistic BB-8. I know it's a mechanics thing. I know it's a game. I know I should suspend my disbelief but I feel this might be a little silly for my tastes...

P.S. I'm almost exclusively a droid player and know full well that he'll be an awesome boon to my team.

Agreed
  • Why not? His damage should be low but he should be able provide some good abilities for teammates

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,398 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago