Forum Discussion

3 years ago

R9 reqs

So, you are going to gate the executor counter behind painfully slow to get r9 reqs? That is a nah from me dog.
  • "AlexTheG;c-2373357" wrote:
    "LordDirt;c-2373067" wrote:
    "MasterSeedy;c-2373064" wrote:
    Get in a better guild

I always hate this answer. Obviously the right guild can help you quite a bit, but there have to be concessions to individual players. None of the rewards in CPit are exclusive to CPit. There are ways to reward high powered guilds without making it impossible for high GP players to stay with the guilds they love.

Why do I say this? Because for many, many people their guild is what's keeping them going when datacrons and so many other things are aggravating them and making them think seriously about quitting.

If SWGOH wants to make money, then they should try to accommodate players who want to stay with their friends, but also want to try for endgame rewards. Otherwise you end up with more quitters and the game withers.

Guilds are a powerful motivator to continue playing, which works to CG's advantage. They should play to that strength of their game, not make it impossible to simultaneously play with your friends (of whatever level) and also strive for endgame ships and toons. (It can be much harder without guild rewards added in. It's the situation where it is impossible to do both at the same time that makes quitting the game more likely.)

You can hate the answer all you want but it is the answer to getting R9 material.

Perhaps it shouldn't be the only answer though?

It's not, there are packs you can buy.
  • "LordDirt;c-2373376" wrote:
    "AlexTheG;c-2373357" wrote:
    Get in a better guild

I always hate this answer. Obviously the right guild can help you quite a bit, but there have to be concessions to individual players. None of the rewards in CPit are exclusive to CPit. There are ways to reward high powered guilds without making it impossible for high GP players to stay with the guilds they love.

Why do I say this? Because for many, many people their guild is what's keeping them going when datacrons and so many other things are aggravating them and making them think seriously about quitting.

If SWGOH wants to make money, then they should try to accommodate players who want to stay with their friends, but also want to try for endgame rewards. Otherwise you end up with more quitters and the game withers.

Guilds are a powerful motivator to continue playing, which works to CG's advantage. They should play to that strength of their game, not make it impossible to simultaneously play with your friends (of whatever level) and also strive for endgame ships and toons. (It can be much harder without guild rewards added in. It's the situation where it is impossible to do both at the same time that makes quitting the game more likely.)

You can hate the answer all you want but it is the answer to getting R9 material.

Fair enough. I honestly didn't know there's the option to pay for r9 materials. Should've guessed I suppose.
  • "Phoenixeon;c-2373550" wrote:
    "MasterSeedy;c-2373349" wrote:
    if you don't care about competetiveness and progression, why should you care about Profundity which, as described in 2), is most likely just going to be the 2nd fleet in the top tier rivaling the Executor similar to how Nego and Male competed against each other?

A lot of people play this game because of friends. I started because of my daughter. And we continue to play not because the game is so amazing as a group of dancing pixels, but because of the people we play with -- friends, family, guild mates.

And yet, even for those of us who play primarily for the friendship and the people, there are still different play styles. One of those is **collecting**.

I am a person who is a collector, not a conqueror, in the game. There are a lot of us. To tell us we have to give up our primary motivation (friends and family) OR give up our primary play style (collection) is bad business on the part of CG. I'm lucky enough to be in a 400M+ guild and have the r9 mats to spare (since I've spent none and have taken not a single character to r8, much less r9, if it wasn't required in order to collect something else). But those of us in 400M guilds are the minority. For most people who play the people and friends and focus on collecting not conquering, they have no access to GL Jabba & Profundity.

Now you may not care about other humans, and that's fine. We're not asking you to. But in the interest of business, CG should not make it a policy that the large segment of people who play people/collection focussed should have to abandon one or the other. What will happen -- and what has happened many times -- is that such people will try to play with only half the enjoyment, find it doesn't keep the game worth it, and quit.

Then they'll have neither through SWGOH, but they'll happily find different games that they can play with friends and family and the real losers will be CG (losing income) and you and I (when we lose SWGOH entirely as the game dies).

This is a good criticism and one that CG needs to hear.

Means your guild cant beat the raid when they first comes out (isnt meet the requirements or guildies refuse to develop teams that performs well, or whatever reason) and you still want HanSolo/General Kenobi/Darth Traya?

Sure, everyone want to play with their friends, but how's that fair to ppl that tried for it?

Because after the constant kicks in the guts to the community, CG should pay attention to community sentiment and guilds disbanding
  • "MasterSeedy;c-2373569" wrote:
    Sure, everyone want to play with their friends, but how's that fair to ppl that tried for it?

Uh, I think you're vastly missing the point. First, every single one of those characters is accessible to a single player in any guild, since all 3 of the raids that disburse character shards are raids that can be solo'd. So there is a way to access those shards for a single person who wants those toons no matter their guild.

Not at release.
  • "AlexTheG;c-2373395" wrote:
    "LordDirt;c-2373376" wrote:
    "AlexTheG;c-2373357" wrote:
    Get in a better guild

Fair enough. I honestly didn't know there's the option to pay for r9 materials. Should've guessed I suppose.

Great choices, dump your guild and more like a mercenary or pay through the nose.
  • "MasterSeedy;c-2373569" wrote:

Uh, I think you're vastly missing the point. First, every single one of those characters is accessible to a single player in any guild, since all 3 of the raids that disburse character shards are raids that can be solo'd. So there is a way to access those shards for a single person who wants those toons no matter their guild.

Secondly, and far more importantly, players are complaining. I'm trying to make those complaints understandable to CG. I have plenty of r9 mats, the complaint doesn't apply to me, but I empathize with those complaints because if my favorite guild was 250Mgp, then I would be in that situation b/c I'm someone who prioritizes friendships over conquering enemies.

The complaint is that there's a large number of people who are being forced to choose between their play style and their motivation to play the game at all. I'm not asking for CG to be **fair** to those folks. The argument isn't even really about **fair**. The argument is simply this: if CG wants their game to be successful, they should avoid forcing a large segment of the player base into a choice which ends up killing those players' fun no matter which choice they make.

If they force players into unpleasant choices, they're going to lose players. If they lose players, the game becomes less healthy and less profitable.

It's not about fair. It's about whether you want a game at all. I don't think you want the game to fail. People who love beating others in PvP need players who don't care as much so that the PvP lovers can get their wins, while the collectors need an avenue to acquire new toons and ships.

It's in your interest to make sure that there's a way for players to collect things with no or minimal help from their guild. For Raid characters, the method for collection is putting together a team that can solo the raid so that you can win the raid and get the rewards without help from your guild mates.

For r9 mats, there isn't another collection method. Even if it's difficult and time consuming, there should be hope for collectors who play with their friends, not because that's what's fair. I recommend that because I believe that's good for the game.

I said "it's like you refuse develop teams for raid but still want the reward char when the raid first coming out".

Things locked behind a wall, is locked behind a wall for a reason, to reward those ppl who worked hard towards it.

Like that, I run scoundrels for years, have themm all above R3, if CG release Jabba with **** easy requirements then I will get angry too.
    JinxZod
    Rising Newcomer
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead Any word if R9 may be coming to other parts of the game or is it only meant for 300M plus guilds in TW? It hurts the larger GP long term players in smaller family guilds. Especially now when it is a requirement.
  • "Phoenixeon;c-2373719" wrote:
    "MasterSeedy;c-2373569" wrote:

Secondly, and far more importantly, players are complaining. I'm trying to make those complaints understandable to CG. I have plenty of r9 mats, the complaint doesn't apply to me, but I empathize with those complaints because if my favorite guild was 250Mgp, then I would be in that situation b/c I'm someone who prioritizes friendships over conquering enemies.

The complaint is that there's a large number of people who are being forced to choose between their play style and their motivation to play the game at all. I'm not asking for CG to be **fair** to those folks. The argument isn't even really about **fair**. The argument is simply this: if CG wants their game to be successful, they should avoid forcing a large segment of the player base into a choice which ends up killing those players' fun no matter which choice they make.

If they force players into unpleasant choices, they're going to lose players. If they lose players, the game becomes less healthy and less profitable.

It's not about fair. It's about whether you want a game at all. I don't think you want the game to fail. People who love beating others in PvP need players who don't care as much so that the PvP lovers can get their wins, while the collectors need an avenue to acquire new toons and ships.

It's in your interest to make sure that there's a way for players to collect things with no or minimal help from their guild. For Raid characters, the method for collection is putting together a team that can solo the raid so that you can win the raid and get the rewards without help from your guild mates.

For r9 mats, there isn't another collection method. Even if it's difficult and time consuming, there should be hope for collectors who play with their friends, not because that's what's fair. I recommend that because I believe that's good for the game.

I said "it's like you refuse develop teams for raid but still want the reward char when the raid first coming out".

Things locked behind a wall, is locked behind a wall for a reason, to reward those ppl who worked hard towards it.

Like that, I run scoundrels for years, have themm all above R3, if CG release Jabba with **** easy requirements then I will get angry too.

Well, this like this don't reward people who worked hard, it rewards those who spend insane amounts of money. And that makes sense to a degree, but when it becomes all about them that's they problem.