Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Regularly scheduled 3v3 gripe

Once and for all, please stop this game mode. I've had more AFK defenses so far this cycle than I've had the last 4 seasons combined. In the first 3 rounds I had only 4 attacks on my defenses. The apathy is apparent and it is creating a poor quality product. And I don't care of certain individuals like it. Add this to the fact there are so many threads hating 3v3 and exactly zero hating 5v5 should make it clear.

Take the L. Grow a pair and admit it isn't good for the game and flush it.

Thanks
  • "DarjeloSalas;c-2270069" wrote:
    "Starslayer;c-2270064" wrote:
    "Julian_Sixty_Six;c-2270061" wrote:
    "Starslayer;c-2269665" wrote:
    "Julian_Sixty_Six;c-2269594" wrote:
    "DarjeloSalas;c-2269241" wrote:
    "Julian_Sixty_Six;c-2269196" wrote:
    "ImaSmakya;c-2268679" wrote:
    "Julian_Sixty_Six;c-2268665" wrote:
    "Starslayer;c-2268575" wrote:
    You don’t care that some people like it but you care that some people don’t like it ?

Exactly, because some people liking it doesn't change the fact that the volumes of people not liking it degrades the product. Does that make any sense to you?

There is only a 3% difference between 3v3 and 5v5 in the number of people that auto deploy in the first round. Given that, I don't think the difference between the two warrants saying volumes of people dislike 3v3. I think perhaps people are just deciding in general that GAC with the additional teams in the new format is just too time consuming for the return, but that's just me spit ballin.

You didn't mention the litany of 3v3 hate threads compared to the zero 5v5 hate threads. What about that?

1) not a litany

2) all the 3v3 hate threads have posts from people saying they enjoy 3v3.

3) not sure why I’m bothering as you’ve openly stated you don’t care if people like it.

Strawman. I never made the claim people haven't stated they like 3v3. They have done so even on this very thread. There are people that do like 3v3. Lost of them. However, too many can't stand it and it shows in the quality of the game mode. Out of 5 rounds I have had 4 no-shows. Never seen that in 5v5 ever. It's astounding. You liking it or 1,000 or 10,000 or 100,000 or 1,000,000 people liking it obviously is not changing this outcome for myself and others so it really carries no relevance. That's why I don't care if people like it, their liking it isn't changing the negative experience, if that makes any sense.

Also, if you want to refute me find me threads started by people who *dislike* 5v5. I made it more than obvious I was citing the numerous *threads* started as anti- 3v3. So, if you aim to undermine my argument find me a litany of anti- 5v5 threads. Thanks.

I have the opposite experience, everybody played me in 3v3, I had no shows in the last 5v5.

But our personal experiences are diverse and anecdotal. CG has the numbers, and they stated a 3% difference. That’s it. It’s rather a fact or a lie, and I don’t see why they would lie. If the numbers were awful they would just stop this game mode.

So you may loathe 3v3, but only 3% more people don’t engage the game mode compared to 5v5. Hardly a landslide.

Can you show this 3% statistic to me please? I would like to know exactly what analysis this is. The landslide is the countless threads to get rid of 3v3 and zero to get rid of 5v5

It was given by CG in an recent operation metaverse interview if I remember correctly. It’s probably on youtube, but I don’t know the address nor the time code for the exact intervention.

Don’t bother.

If he can’t be bothered to count the “countless” anti 3v3 threads, why should you make any effort with a counter argument?

It's such a bother to take your shoes off.
  • "ImaSmakya;c-2268679" wrote:

(...) I think perhaps people are just deciding in general that GAC with the additional teams in the new format is just too time consuming for the return, but that's just me spit ballin.

I did just that. Have been Kyber all GACs before, and I got afraid of the increased time-sink this round, so I chased the "Trapped in Carbonite" title (not that easy, mind you! Auto-deploy will get you above the threshold).
    I was often starting to play GAC late in the evening (the cutoff is at 6am for me), and I must admit my offline life is of much better quality without it. On the other hand, the game without GAC feels really empty - all chores, very little fun. But fits in a manageable 1h screen-time per day.

A question to those who played it seriously (and in Division 2, that's where I am): Is the time increase noticeable?

I'd love it if they would remove the inflexible 24h period for attacks (more like Conquest of GCs).
  • "nottenst;c-2269573" wrote:
    I spent a decent amount of time yesterday and today figuring out how to clear my opponent. He didn't even attack.

Then you'll probably win. Congrats!
  • "Nikoms565;c-2272343" wrote:
    "Julian_Sixty_Six;c-2270061" wrote:
    "Starslayer;c-2269665" wrote:
    "Julian_Sixty_Six;c-2269594" wrote:
    "DarjeloSalas;c-2269241" wrote:
    "Julian_Sixty_Six;c-2269196" wrote:
    "ImaSmakya;c-2268679" wrote:
    "Julian_Sixty_Six;c-2268665" wrote:
    "Starslayer;c-2268575" wrote:
    You don’t care that some people like it but you care that some people don’t like it ?

Exactly, because some people liking it doesn't change the fact that the volumes of people not liking it degrades the product. Does that make any sense to you?

There is only a 3% difference between 3v3 and 5v5 in the number of people that auto deploy in the first round. Given that, I don't think the difference between the two warrants saying volumes of people dislike 3v3. I think perhaps people are just deciding in general that GAC with the additional teams in the new format is just too time consuming for the return, but that's just me spit ballin.

You didn't mention the litany of 3v3 hate threads compared to the zero 5v5 hate threads. What about that?

1) not a litany

2) all the 3v3 hate threads have posts from people saying they enjoy 3v3.

3) not sure why I’m bothering as you’ve openly stated you don’t care if people like it.

Strawman. I never made the claim people haven't stated they like 3v3. They have done so even on this very thread. There are people that do like 3v3. Lost of them. However, too many can't stand it and it shows in the quality of the game mode. Out of 5 rounds I have had 4 no-shows. Never seen that in 5v5 ever. It's astounding. You liking it or 1,000 or 10,000 or 100,000 or 1,000,000 people liking it obviously is not changing this outcome for myself and others so it really carries no relevance. That's why I don't care if people like it, their liking it isn't changing the negative experience, if that makes any sense.

Also, if you want to refute me find me threads started by people who *dislike* 5v5. I made it more than obvious I was citing the numerous *threads* started as anti- 3v3. So, if you aim to undermine my argument find me a litany of anti- 5v5 threads. Thanks.

I have the opposite experience, everybody played me in 3v3, I had no shows in the last 5v5.

But our personal experiences are diverse and anecdotal. CG has the numbers, and they stated a 3% difference. That’s it. It’s rather a fact or a lie, and I don’t see why they would lie. If the numbers were awful they would just stop this game mode.

So you may loathe 3v3, but only 3% more people don’t engage the game mode compared to 5v5. Hardly a landslide.

Can you show this 3% statistic to me please? I would like to know exactly what analysis this is. The landslide is the countless threads to get rid of 3v3 and zero to get rid of 5v5

Hyperbole is the most amazing thing ever!!

I really enjoy it!