Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Repeat Marquee Events

I think that we should bring back marquee events that already happened so people that didn’t play while the event first happened can get the characters.
    xGriiMErZz
    Seasoned Novice
    And those people who missed, who have already farmed said toons to 7 stars get free shard shop stuff?
  • "ZacharyStrong;d-182769" wrote:
    I think that we should bring back marquee events that already happened so people that didn’t play while the event first happened can get the characters.

I've often wondered why Marquee events weren't handled the same way legendary events were. Before, when you finished tier 7 of a legendary event it simply didn't show up for you again. I see no reason for them not to have done that with Marquee events, other than that want you to pay, Pure and simple.
  • "Kyno;c-1650738" wrote:
    Marquees are designed with the release cadence to be a one way street. Not to say they couldn't be adjusted, but it's really not meant to be.

Yes, new players dont have access, but think it as the rewards for people who were playing the game at that time.

Also 3* characters are are pretty powerful in early game so a string of characters like that could really throw things off kilter and make it harder to focus in early game.

You wouldn't have to do a string of them. They could maybe do a once a month recurring marquee. Also I doubt that a 3 star older character is going to be anymore op than a 3 star new character. Further, everyone would have the same access so no advantage for some and not others.

Bringing back popular marquee characters would also be a good way to alleviate the single hard node farm a bit. 50 shards is a big help on the grind.
  • Marquees are designed with the release cadence to be a one way street. Not to say they couldn't be adjusted, but it's really not meant to be.

Yes, new players dont have access, but think it as the rewards for people who were playing the game at that time.

Also 3* characters are are pretty powerful in early game so a string of characters like that could really throw things off kilter and make it harder to focus in early game.
  • "DarkHelmet1138;c-1650754" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1650738" wrote:
    Marquees are designed with the release cadence to be a one way street. Not to say they couldn't be adjusted, but it's really not meant to be.

You wouldn't have to do a string of them. They could maybe do a once a month recurring marquee. Also I doubt that a 3 star older character is going to be anymore op than a 3 star new character. Further, everyone would have the same access so no advantage for some and not others.

Bringing back popular marquee characters would also be a good way to alleviate the single hard node farm a bit. 50 shards is a big help on the grind.

You might not think but it is... I started a new account recently for the LOLz and I did that just pass the bounty hunters marquee and I can tell you... I was getting OWNED by those who had done the marquee because those char are strong when all you have is 1,2 or 3 stars characters.

But I can suggest something... those recuring marquee could be open only to those who are 75 and UP..
    that would make it so that lower players wouldn't benefit from it and for those who are already 75 ad UP... one more 3* char is not going to change everything for them lol.
  • "KyapaMartir;c-1667854" wrote:
    "DarkHelmet1138;c-1650754" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-1650738" wrote:

You might not think but it is... I started a new account recently for the LOLz and I did that just pass the bounty hunters marquee and I can tell you... I was getting OWNED by those who had done the marquee because those char are strong when all you have is 1,2 or 3 stars characters.

But I can suggest something... those recuring marquee could be open only to those who are 75 and UP..
    that would make it so that lower players wouldn't benefit from it and for those who are already 75 ad UP... one more 3* char is not going to change everything for them lol.

I did disclaim any more than any new marque. And if everyone has access to the marque it is still a level playing field.

I don't think players are below 75 long enough for an op 3 star to make much difference anyway. But you could make a min level req. Not sure if there is one for new marques or not. I just auto them and don't pay much attention. But I would say the req for recurring ones be the same as for the regular ones.
  • I dont think there is a requirement but if there is one its quite low... like lv 10 or 15 because my secondary account is barely level 20... ( I dont play it much ) and I was able to do Jango Fett (i missed Aurra Sing)

And the marquee are not the same depending on your level... it was harder to complete them at level 85 than at level 20. Yeah I know it sounds crazy but I could do it with only one char and I needed 5 at 85.

( It wasn't hard at 85, it was harder than at 20, at 85 I could loose a weak char... I was killing all opposition with only the flame thrower with jango lol ) !!!

Haaa I remember... with Jango's Marquee there were 3 levels you could do each day... those are the one I remember doing afterwards with Jango and it was crazy easy at level 20.

But maybe you are right... maybe people dont stay low level long enough to make a difference... since I dont daily play ... (I dont even weekly play ) my secondary account he stays in level 20-30 a long time...

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,269 PostsLatest Activity: 43 seconds ago