Forum Discussion

muzzaman75
New Spectator
4 years ago

Shard collusion “ cheating? “

Hi,
Would like everyone’s thoughts on shard collusion especially someone from CG.
this is my experienced with Shard collusion . One day about two weeks ago and after playing this game for more than five years I managed to get to #1 in my arena shard. Great news surly “yeah I hear you all say” a least I was very pleased with this, however my good mood was short lived. I received an ally request which I was happy to accept . Then came the DM to say it was unfriendly would be a gross understatement infact it was outright aggressive . I was asked how I had the nerve to take HIS spot at payout and that he had a discord room full of players that wanted my blood and would never let me see a good rank ever again. True to there word they have been. I get chained attacked When I get into the top 10 all the way out back to 20 ish and can never recover. So as a consequence if I want to progress at the same speed i used to I need to carry on spending money on the game because a group of players make it that way. So my question is this, is Shard conclusion considered cheating by capital games and if so what can and will they do about it. As I’ve already mentioned I’ve played this game for well over five years and now feel dejected and a great deal of fun has been taken out of this game for me. I could spend £1000 and still this would not help as no one can fight a group of 15 or so players. What can I do? It’s ruining my game and it must affect other players as it has me. This is a wonderful community to be a part of and feel this kind of cheating only serves to harm our community .
  • While some people are not nice about it, shards mostly just organize PO so that they dont step on each others toes while climbing. which makes for a much more efficient process.

No, it is not considered cheating. If they have any intentions of changing this they would need to make massive changes to the arena system, which would likely be the beginning of the end of the game, as this is the true lifeblood for many players (almost all).

There are a few things to consider, maybe reach out to a few of them to see if you can find a more reasonable one to talk to. It isn't a bad idea to try and work out who you can climb through, or asking for a list of POs so you can " play nice". While we hear about these stories from time to time, most players are not always going to be willing to keep burning attacks because you upset someone else in the shard, its a waste and also defeats the purpose of the chat. Dont judge the group, by the one bad apple.

it may not be what you want, but its the game within the game.....
  • "zoom75;d-238817" wrote:

I received an ally request which I was happy to accept . Then came the DM to say it was unfriendly would be a gross understatement infact it was outright aggressive .

If the DM was in-game and harassing (not just unfriendly) then you could report the player for in-game harassment. Apart from this there's no help to get from CG. It's an arena. Everyone can attack anyone within their reach whenever they like.

• Hi thanks you all for your feed back. I’ve had indeed tried to come to an agreement with the shard and I would be more than happy to taken 2 nd at po or any top 5 I’ve reached out on a number of occasions and perhaps with time they will hear me. Moving payout will not help as they have a member each hour and I believe rank 2 or Lower is already available at any time. I understand the idea of a shard chat and it makes perfect sense but not to be used as a weapon or a tool to make another players life that little harder. I will try again to make peace, but please believe me when I say it’s hard to plead with some one that’s been this way with me. Thanks again guys keep polishing them pixels ?
  • It's not considered cheating and nothing will be done about it because the communication tied to this "collusion" happens on a 3rd party app.
  • "RandomSithLord;c-2201015" wrote:
    It's not considered cheating and nothing will be done about it because the communication tied to this "collusion" happens on a 3rd party app.

Pretty much this. As its external to the game CG basically cannot control it.
  • Best you can do is be cool and willing to compromise. Offer to cooperate for at least a top 5 or top 10 finish depending on how active the shard is. Finishing in 5th every day is better than fighting over 1 and getting rolled out of top 20.
  • "zoom75;d-238817" wrote:
    Hi,
    Would like everyone’s thoughts on shard collusion especially someone from CG.
    this is my experienced with Shard collusion . One day about two weeks ago and after playing this game for more than five years I managed to get to #1 in my arena shard. Great news surly “yeah I hear you all say” a least I was very pleased with this, however my good mood was short lived. I received an ally request which I was happy to accept . Then came the DM to say it was unfriendly would be a gross understatement infact it was outright aggressive . I was asked how I had the nerve to take HIS spot at payout and that he had a discord room full of players that wanted my blood and would never let me see a good rank ever again. True to there word they have been. I get chained attacked When I get into the top 10 all the way out back to 20 ish and can never recover. So as a consequence if I want to progress at the same speed i used to I need to carry on spending money on the game because a group of players make it that way. So my question is this, is Shard conclusion considered cheating by capital games and if so what can and will they do about it. As I’ve already mentioned I’ve played this game for well over five years and now feel dejected and a great deal of fun has been taken out of this game for me. I could spend £1000 and still this would not help as no one can fight a group of 15 or so players. What can I do? It’s ruining my game and it must affect other players as it has me. This is a wonderful community to be a part of and feel this kind of cheating only serves to harm our community .

From this post, it's hard to tell what was said. Were you also unfriendly back?

Often times this situation can be resolved by just being nice and asking to join. You can now move your payout as well to avoid sharing, if another arrangement can't be reached. Or if his is the only payout at your time, joining and taking 2nd everyday isn't the worst thing.

I am skeptical of your post as in my experience in a shard chat the mass hitting of an outsider usually only starts if they reach out and you respond in a negative way. The fact that he reached out at all shows that bullying you is likely not the goal. Rather, he likely just wants to not get sniped.

It is easy to respond with something like "it's a free country, I'll climb when I want" when you get a message like that. Especially, if the person that reaches out isn't all that friendly. But trying to work with them is the better solution.