Forum Discussion

12 months ago

Slicing mods

I don't normally slice mods. Reckon it's been at least a year. Now I remember why. Choose to slice from tenacity that's been upgraded 4 times. 🤞🏿 That this mod gets a speed boost.... Nope thanks for the boost to tenacity! Stoooopid mechanics.
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    If you don’t routinely do it of course it’ll seem like every time it rolls for every stat but speed.
  • My issue isn't that I didnt get the specific one I wanted... It's that I got the same thing I chose to not get. How does that make any sense? If you have 4 apples, 2 oranges, 1 lime and 3 lemons, and have the option to pay to trade one of the apples because you only need or want 3, so that you could gain an orange lime or lemon for that extra apple. Only to be given an apple after paying for a trade. Then the guy offering the trade says to you, if your not happy with your result, you can revert to what you had before, but lose the credits and the limited opportunity you have to try and get something other than an apple. It's a messed up mechanic.
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    If I’m getting it right, you’re trying to use the mod attenuators on a stat roll that’s only been hit 4 times? I honestly wouldn’t advise that since the last upgrade could’ve hit speed without you needing to use the attenuators.

I will grant you it’s annoying when your situation happens but there are some ways to limit it
  • "DarjeloSalas;c-2440964" wrote:
    It’s odd that someone who hasn’t attempted to calibrate a mod in a year cares so much about the outcome of a calibration attempt to make a thread about it.

Either you care about mods or you don’t.

@MrRandyWatson said it best, but I would like to add that it's odd that you think it's odd.
  • Yes, it's frustrating to get the same thing when you're trying to convert, say, flat protection into speed.

However.

There are times you may want to attenuate a mod, to roll the same stat line, but hoping for a higher roll than previously.

For instance.

Converting a low % offense roll into a higher one. Or a 3 speed into a 4, 5, or 6.

That being said, it's really best to let it hit all possible options.