Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Suggested Solution to the whole MT/ Wicket 2 year farm

What REALLY grinds my gear are three things:

1. Mother Talzin and Wicket are ordinary toons. They are treated as no different from any other nightsisters or ewoks. They are not classified as legendary characters or belong to a legendary event, YET their farming time FAR EXCEEDS CLS, R2, even GK, raid han, vader or ANY hard node toons.

2. Devs dared to even say that the farm time is more or less similar to hard nodes, which is completely mind boggling. Even if there’s only ONE hard node and I get ONE shard out of 5 hard battles, with ZERO REFRESH, I get 30 shards in a month. If I do refresh/ average around 2 shards/ more than ONE node, I can guarantee around 50/60 shards a month. Now Look at mother talzin. 10 shards a month. +refresh =20 shards/month. If 50/60 sounds similar to 20 to you guys, then fine.

3. This game is a business. Most older players have most if not all toons farmed and geared well, and if all the events in the future grants a free 7* character to the veterans, the game can’t really make money and the gap between new players and old players eventually increases. To be honest I am actually cool with characters locked behind an event wall, but ONLY AT A REASONABLE TIMEFRAME AND RATE. 10 shards a MONTH? This is obviously a test by the devs to see how far our line is, or whether this method is more profitable compared to shipments. But this is way beyond a reasonable mobile gamer’s expectations.

Suggested solution: Award 20 wicket/ mother talzin shards per event. Pulls the farming time to a year, also allow whales to have a reasonable advantage.
  • The correct solution is to make this a weekly event. Should get a 7* in 6 months, which is what you get for "slow" toons like FOTP. If you spend the refresh, you get it in 3 months. All that would seem much more reasonable. If not, at least each other week.
  • First, you need to refresh the event to get a real idea of the length of the farm.

People who farm from hard nodes invariably refresh their energy at least once per day, at the cost of 50 crystals. Save half of that and you'll have enough crystals for a reset of the MT event. It's annoying every time someone says that this is a 2 year farm. It's only a 2 year farm if you either don't care about/want MT, or if you are incredibly ignorant.

Saving 50 crystals per day will net you 1500 in the average 30 day month. Put 780 of it towards a refresh of the MT event. The remaining 720 can be used to purchase MT shards from the shop at a cost of 80 crystals per shard.

This will net you 29 MT shards per month.

A hard node farm nets you about 50 shards per month.

With MT you were given the first 65 shards for free, plus the event running twice in 2 days. If you refreshed the event you'd have 105 shards of MT.

The single hard node farm will take 6.6 months to complete start to finish

The MT farm should take about 7.75 months to finish with this method with only a slightly higher cost in crystals.

If you are that stubborn of a spender and don't want to use a 50 crystal refresh during your hard node farm as a basis for cost, than you really aren't a very good player of this game, and thus your opinion on the matter does not matter.

Realistically, good players refresh 3 times per day and have crystals to spare.

• "Pseudot;c-1322839" wrote:
    First, you need to refresh the event to get a real idea of the length of the farm.

People who farm from hard nodes invariably refresh their energy at least once per day, at the cost of 50 crystals. Save half of that and you'll have enough crystals for a reset of the MT event. It's annoying every time someone says that this is a 2 year farm. It's only a 2 year farm if you either don't care about/want MT, or if you are incredibly ignorant.

Saving 50 crystals per day will net you 1500 in the average 30 day month. Put 780 of it towards a refresh of the MT event. The remaining 720 can be used to purchase MT shards from the shop at a cost of 80 crystals per shard.

This will net you 29 MT shards per month.

A hard node farm nets you about 50 shards per month.

With MT you were given the first 65 shards for free, plus the event running twice in 2 days. If you refreshed the event you'd have 105 shards of MT.

The single hard node farm will take 6.6 months to complete start to finish

The MT farm should take about 7.75 months to finish with this method with only a slightly higher cost in crystals.

If you are that stubborn of a spender and don't want to use a 50 crystal refresh during your hard node farm as a basis for cost, than you really aren't a very good player of this game, and thus your opinion on the matter does not matter.

Realistically, good players refresh 3 times per day and have crystals to spare.

Wow, you're not full of yourself or anything.... At least one energy refresh a day is mandatory to get your 600 tickets. You can't just skip that and save the crystals for Talzin.

Your calculation also leaves out the 3 months between the first instance of the event and its return.

And, you're not accounting for the number of characters that will have this farming method. We know of 4 already and I doubt they are stopping there.