Forum Discussion

6 years ago

SWGOH is in need of a substantial "system shock" to fix the universe.

I don't recall a point in time over the past 2.5 years where there has been so little development in the game. The last "new" PvE event was the Sith Raid, which is more than 1 year ago. Grand Arena is a new game play mode, and it is the best part of the game right now.

One would think that the developers are starting to get nervous about the complete lack of ingenuity in the game right now. For long time players, most of the events are either "simmable" or you can simply play on auto. You can finish your daily activities in 20 minutes and really not have to expend even the smallest amount of thought on strategy.

It's fine to release new characters, but there really does need to be a forum to use them, other than just creating one additional grand arena team.

When the game was released, all the way through the Sith Raid, it seemed like a tremendous amount of thought went into the process of developing new game modes -- TW, TB, Ships (ships 2.0), raids, GA, etc. Not any more.

I really haven't put much credence into the "sky is falling" narrative over the past year coming from folks in the forums (since most people here are just extremely negative). But it isn't only the forums any longer. People are leaving guilds, and if they aren't leaving, they are just not participating like they used to. Game Changers are posting videos regularly now asking if this is the end of the game. It's a bit frustrating and disappointing, considering the amount of money and time people like I have put into it.

I think that the development team has a bunker mentality. They believe that everyone is out to get them (you really have seen this in Carrie's posts over the last few months), and they seem paralyzed as a result.

They really need some new content to jazz up the base (not just new characters). They also need to bring the Game Changers back into the fold. They have done themselves a terrible disservice by failing to keep them excited, because the same people who spent 2.5 years building up a base of excited players now just expend their time criticizing the game to those same people, who in turn, become more negative about the game as well.

I say this all from a point of selfishness -- I have spent so much time and money on the game that I really don't want it to fail. My investment is too big. But, in corporate America, when management smells blood, they attack. And the attack will either be to cut the budget for the game and just bleed it dry, or they will simply replace the entire team of developers to reinvigorate the game and its base.

I know that this is a long post. I do hope that @crumb or @carrie reads this and are thinking the same thing, rather than just chalk this up as more pointless whining. Because when the game fails, I'll be bummed but can just find another one to occupy my time. They'll need to find a new livelihood if their response is "the base sucks; let's ignore the base."