Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Tempted to buy packs...

Because I really do want to get Rex and Echo..... How much did people buy to get echo to 7*?....
  • Echo is about $300 but if you're thinking to 7star rex through chomium, I recommend you don't, unless you want to spend around 4k.
  • If you want Rex get him in shipments, but for Echo expect to spend at least $200 to 7* him
  • From what I've heard unless you are planning to spend Several hundred if not several thousand dollars, you won't get a 7* toon. I spent some crystals i earned in game on a mega pack and got a bunch of useless stuff. Learned my lesson
  • You can have just as much fun if you throw that money into the garbage bin.

I recommend balling up the bills into little balls and pretending they're basketballs and try to throw them into the trash can from various distances.

This is better than buying characters because you won't be tempted to keep throwing money away because you don't have to gear up and add ability mats to the trashcan for it to be useful.
  • "BWSkynobi;448191" wrote:
    You can have just as much fun if you throw that money into the garbage bin.

I recommend balling up the bills into little balls and pretending they're basketballs and try to throw them into the trash can from various distances.

This is better than buying characters because you won't be tempted to keep throwing money away because you don't have to gear up and add ability mats to the trashcan for it to be useful.

If you put that effort into making a worthwhile post maybe you wouldn't look like just another salty troll
  • "KelEl85;448189" wrote:
    From what I've heard unless you are planning to spend Several hundred if not several thousand dollars, you won't get a 7* toon. I spent some crystals i earned in game on a mega pack and got a bunch of useless stuff. Learned my lesson

What dude? If you buy the 100 Crystals for 21 days and just rotate that, complete your dailies each day, you can buy chromium every 2-3 weeks. You don't need to spend hundreds. Although, I haven't bought chromium for a couple months, and with added heroes, there's now less chance you'll get who you want. It's more about learning to play with what you got.

You can 7* anyone in the Cantina Shop, Arena Shipments, and the Galactic War Token shop. Just takes time. Don't need to spend.
  • "Ace5;448395" wrote:
    "tRRRey;448204" wrote:
    "BWSkynobi;448191" wrote:
    You can have just as much fun if you throw that money into the garbage bin.

If you put that effort into making a worthwhile post maybe you wouldn't look like just another salty troll

Actually that wasn't a troll post imo

I think he's trying to say that spending money on chromium is a waste. I would personally agree. But I also don't think a mobile game is worth spending thousands on and other do think so and have done so.

For small spenders buying energy/cantina/arena refreshes w your crystals is more worthwhile than buying packs. Again the caveat is if you buy packs you have to commit several hundred dollars to make it worthwhile

Bingo.

If you decide to buy packs, then you need to be prepared to spend hundreds of dollars to build up those toons.

• "ShaolinPunk;448419" wrote:
    "KelEl85;448189" wrote:
    From what I've heard unless you are planning to spend Several hundred if not several thousand dollars, you won't get a 7* toon. I spent some crystals i earned in game on a mega pack and got a bunch of useless stuff. Learned my lesson

What dude? If you buy the 100 Crystals for 21 days and just rotate that, complete your dailies each day, you can buy chromium every 2-3 weeks. You don't need to spend hundreds. Although, I haven't bought chromium for a couple months, and with added heroes, there's now less chance you'll get who you want. It's more about learning to play with what you got.

You can 7* anyone in the Cantina Shop, Arena Shipments, and the Galactic War Token shop. Just takes time. Don't need to spend.

You misunderstood my post. Sorry if it wasn't clear. I was specifically referencing the OPs desire to get a 7* premium toon. I know its possible to get a 7* toon in general without spending. I have a few myself after less than 2 months play time and am mostly f2p. I was saying that spending money on chromium to get a premium toon is a waste unless you are going to spends hundreds/thousands. Granted you may get lucky and get a bunch of Rey shards from a chromium or something else that will help you along. But expecting to get a premium toon without spending a ton is unrealistic. My 10 Kit Fisto Shards mock me and my decision to waste 2500 crystals on a mega pack every day :-)
  • When I went for Echo he was a frequent drop in 8 pack chromiums. Rex a lot less frequent, 4* when Echo reached 7*, so I decided to go via the shipments to target the Rex pulls, 4 per refresh if lucky on who the RNG gives on shipments. Sun Fac and Maul a close 2nd in Chromium frequency, then Leia, who I finished in shipments. 8 pack chromiums, no idea if this holds true for individual packs..
  • "KelEl85;448605" wrote:

You misunderstood my post. Sorry if it wasn't clear. I was specifically referencing the OPs desire to get a 7* premium toon. I know its possible to get a 7* toon in general without spending. I have a few myself after less than 2 months play time and am mostly f2p. I was saying that spending money on chromium to get a premium toon is a waste unless you are going to spends hundreds/thousands. Granted you may get lucky and get a bunch of Rey shards from a chromium or something else that will help you along. But expecting to get a premium toon without spending a ton is unrealistic. My 10 Kit Fisto Shards mock me and my decision to waste 2500 crystals on a mega pack every day :-)

Gotcha. Yeah Kit takes a bit longer. He got me Yoda though, so it was worth it.