Forum Discussion

MasterSeedy
New Veteran
3 years ago

The Grind Returns, But Will the Players?

Even without GLs being important for making efficient progress through Conquest and thus pushing the 20 victories with 5 versions of Rey & Kylo being a pain, the current feats require:

40 victories w/ full resistance squad
40 victories with full FO squad
20 victories with 5 versions of Rey & Kylo
20 victories with both KRU and Vet Han.

PLEASE NOTE: you cannot work on both the "5 Versions" and the "Both KRU & Vet Han" feats b/c you are not allowed to use 2 GLs in the same squad, and there are only 6 total versions of Rey & Kylo. Remove 1 b/c of GL conflict and another for the KRU/VH feat, and you now have only 4 total versions of Rey & Kylo available for any single battle so long as you are working on the KRU/VH feat.

As a result, you now have 3 battles which must be repeated 4x/day: Full Resistance, Full FO, and either 5xR/K or KRU+VH.

ON TOP OF THAT, you have battles which must be repeated per sector in Sector 4. (I give you credit for making Sectors 1,2,3 and 5 doable during sector progress to minimize repetitive sector battles there, but s4 is ridiculous with 28 victories required.)

I have said it before and I will say it again: this is a game. It's supposed to be fun. Grind kills fun. This looks to be the least fun Conquest since Maul & BF:SOJ where I noped out of Conquest for 7 months.

You've already returned a HUGE though technically optional grind to Conquest with Datacrons. The construction of the global feats is bad. It's fun-killing bad.

People are already going to spend crystals on repeating missions over and over to get datacrons. This hyper-repetitive required grind for feats is not necessary and will continue killing the fun for many people. People who want or don't mind a grind already have a reason to keep grinding from the opening minute to the last: datacrons. People who don't want their lives consumed by a grind and would rather play a game that prioritizes fun, what is in Conquest for them/us?

I beg you, as I have many times in the past, return the fun to SWGOH. Tethering a person to their phone for so many battles per day (12 repetitive battles per day, just for feat grind, making no progress at all!) is grotesque. I thought the level of grind under the most recent Conquest cycle was too much to be fun, but not so much as to be soul-killing. I fear that this current conquest will once again make me hate the game. When that happened in the past, I noped out of Conquest and simply played the modes that did bring me happiness. As a result, I still do not have BF:SoJ. I'll give this a try, but this looks likely to put me in the same place I was 9 months ago: faced with a choice of quitting Conquest or quitting the game entirely. If the grind is as bad as I fear it will be, you won't be getting more spending from me. You won't be getting more mentoring from me of new players. You won't be getting more "engagement". You'll be getting much, much less.

The game gets fun or the game dies, because the purpose of a game IS the fun. It's your choice. Choose wisely.

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,306 PostsLatest Activity: 4 minutes ago