Forum Discussion

8 years ago

The Light Side bias...

Is getting out of control.
With the addition of BB8 there will be a total of 76 LS characters and only 53 DS characters. That's 59% of the entire roster being light side.

Seriously? This needs to be addressed, and I won't even go into Rebels or TB....
  • I fully understand that the focus of most of the movies is on light side heroes. They have more named characters. A scene might be 10 Rebels with names attacking a group of identical Stormtroopers. It's natural for their to be a few more light side toons.

But it's totally out of hand. They just won't stop adding light side toons. Which is fine, but there are tons of fan favorite dark side toons getting passed over to add 4 flavors of the same light side toon. And light side dominates every game mode, especially arena. And light side gets an entire game mode devoted just to them. And the new store has only light side characters. Enough already.
  • "slickdealer;c-1277526" wrote:
    You would think this game was called Galaxy of Heroes instead of Galaxy of Anti Heroes.

Oh wait....

Empire Heroes.. perspective. Don't be naive.
  • There are more versions of han and leia combined than there are the ENTIRE GROUPS of;

Non-rebel droids
    Jawas
    Tusken
    Phoenix squadron
    Nightsisters
    Resistance
    Genosian

And until recently ewoks too.

Han and leia alone encompass half as many characters as the ENTIRE EMPIRE FACTION.
    And are just behind Sith.
    Its not just that its light-side centric..but a 4th han and 3rd leia is a hard pill to swallow when some of the most interesting characters in the entire SW universe are getting horrendously snubbed.
    I run an excellent and competitive empire arena team; but the ONLY reason it can compete is i have among the best mods in my shard. My mods have to be significantly better for me to have a shot. Largely because not only are DS characters under-represented, not only are they MUCH harder to farm in comparison, but;
    They are much, much, much slower as a whole. TFP and dook are about the only 2 truly fast DS characters, and TFP is no longer viable in arena.
    And unlike light side (rebels in particular) darkside doesnt 'have it all'.
    Krennic. Great skill set. Great support. Great damage. Individually as tanky as a motorcycle on the eastern front. Even with crit immunity he goes down in 2-4 hits.
    CLS however cam dish it and take it. And if you take shard purchasing out of the equation; CLS is actually a much easier farm.
    Dont even get me started on GK\zarris or chaze. Chaze has been mostly phased out, except for extremely high tier ones, but a fast, high dmg chaze combo is deadly, with the greatest paired sustain in the game, has 2 buffscrubs, debuff scrub, and near permanent retaliate. Empire has noone even close to covering all the bases like light side does. Empire also has far more rigid possible compositions.
    There should be 10 empire, 7 sith, 5 FO, 3 bounty hunters, 3 droids, 3 genosians, 2 jawa, 2 tusken before we get one more BS han solo or leia version.
  • "Nikarah;c-1278531" wrote:
    There are more versions of han and leia combined than there are the ENTIRE GROUPS of;

Non-rebel droids
    Jawas
    Tusken
    Phoenix squadron
    Nightsisters
    Resistance
    Genosian

And until recently ewoks too.

Han and leia alone encompass half as many characters as the ENTIRE EMPIRE FACTION.
    And are just behind Sith.
    Its not just that its light-side centric..but a 4th han and 3rd leia is a hard pill to swallow when some of the most interesting characters in the entire SW universe are getting horrendously snubbed.
    I run an excellent and competitive empire arena team; but the ONLY reason it can compete is i have among the best mods in my shard. My mods have to be significantly better for me to have a shot. Largely because not only are DS characters under-represented, not only are they MUCH harder to farm in comparison, but;
    They are much, much, much slower as a whole. TFP and dook are about the only 2 truly fast DS characters, and TFP is no longer viable in arena.
    And unlike light side (rebels in particular) darkside doesnt 'have it all'.
    Krennic. Great skill set. Great support. Great damage. Individually as tanky as a motorcycle on the eastern front. Even with crit immunity he goes down in 2-4 hits.
    CLS however cam dish it and take it. And if you take shard purchasing out of the equation; CLS is actually a much easier farm.
    Dont even get me started on GK\zarris or chaze. Chaze has been mostly phased out, except for extremely high tier ones, but a fast, high dmg chaze combo is deadly, with the greatest paired sustain in the game, has 2 buffscrubs, debuff scrub, and near permanent retaliate. Empire has noone even close to covering all the bases like light side does. Empire also has far more rigid possible compositions.
    There should be 10 empire, 7 sith, 5 FO, 3 bounty hunters, 3 droids, 3 genosians, 2 jawa, 2 tusken before we get one more **** han solo or leia version.

+1000 man. The bias is out of control. Not just he number of toons but how powerful they make ALL THE NEW ONES. They all have some drastic crazy power that makes it a new meta.
  • I don't like that much EA but with Battlefront II we will finally see some DS perspective and not the LS one for once. When do we get a film about Darth Vader life under Palpatine mastership ? When do we see the birth of Darth Sidious as a Sith ? No we will never.
    But with this game, we will play as a DS soldier, loyal to a cause she trusts in, loyal to an Empire that is her world, threaten by a guerrilla that grows in the galaxy and that are considered as villains in her perspective.
    So yes, again, LS bias is not an excuse because the game is called Galaxy of heroes. Heroes are on both sides, it all depends from what you believed in and what you see and know from your eyes.