Forum Discussion

7 years ago

The real problem with Chewie

OK. Not a fan of the RNG fest. I had zBoba G12, Greedo, Zam and Cad at G10 and G9 Dengar. About 87k GP team. All Omegass. I saw teams that were much lower in GP and strength get an RNG win. I tried every combo of mods I had for about 4-5 hours a day during the event and all I got was 6 star.

Now it is what it is. 6 star isn't so bad and while I am disappointed I couldn't get the RNG gods to line up (And RNG being the deciding factor here is just a terrible mechanic) it isn't the end of the world by any means I mean Meta in arena has not changed much. Of the top 50, 46 are Traya teams. I have 2 Bastilla and 2 CLS with Chewie so I don't feel like all is lost..............yet.

Because here's the kicker. There's no way CG isn't going to bust out the next meta toon and not require a 7 star Chewie. That's where we will all start feeling the pain. I don't care that a single toon escaped my grasp. It happens. I'll get him next time around. The problem is that he is the first domino in a chain. It will probably be that 7 star Chewie rescues C3PO and the cut scene shows him in his pack. A 7 star unlock of C3PO which will in turn then be required for Jedi Luke.

This is the problem here. Not that one character escaped us. It's more that I can already see the path in the future of missed opportunity and there is nothing I can do about it now except suffer the fate of lost opportunity again in the future due to this one toon. Sure I can prep up for round 2 of Chewie (and I will/am), but I can already envision my lack of excitement and enthusiasm at the next roll out or two because I missed the boat here.

It's possible I'm being pessimistic here, but point me to a recent CG decision that would lead yo to believe otherwise? That's what drove me through countless re-watches of that stupid cut scene, wasting tons of time and effort to only come up short, the closest to achieving was with Boba with a resolve still against an r2 and Rolo and just stun after stun after stun as I watched my chances slip away.