Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Too much rng in ships

Here is my feedback on ships:

1. Ships are important. It is at least the second most important part of the game if not the most important, because you earn a lot of crystals in the top 5 and you can buy zeta mats with the currency.
2. There are very few viable ships which leads to
3. Ships are very annoying because a) in developed shards in the top 20 there is 90% mirror matches and b) it basically boild down to who applies more target locks and c) if your TFP dodges a good amount of times.

So basically ships are very important and at the same time the single most rng dependant part of the game ("50% chance to attack again", "70% chance to inflict target lock", "4x % chance to dodge" and so on.) which makes it a nightmare.
Just to illustrate how extremely rng dependant it is: I fought my shardmate the last four days every day and won easily. Today I tried it six(!) times and lost every time. It's ridicoulous. He assured me he hasn't changed a single thing and neither did I.

So my biggest wish is: Do something that RNG is not the most deciding factor in mirror matches.