Forum Discussion

Whatelse73
Rising Adventurer
12 months ago

Who at CG thinks 574% Defense is a "good idea"?

Seriously CG? What makes you think this is not absolutely game breaking? a datacron with almost 400% defense, WITH an ability that adds another 200% defense? The previous set of defense datacrons was bad enough and now you're making it even worse?

"Oh hey, let's make players sit in 10-25 matches a day and spend 5 full minutes each match on our rubbish datacrons to make them SUFFER even more than they already do!"

I feel like someone's ego is keeping them obstinate to how badly datacrons are effecting "enjoyment" of this game. But if the ego is pushing to make people quit, well, congratulations because players are.

Just because you do one positive or beneficial thing for players doesn't mean you are free to surround that one positive with 5-10 really bad things that will demotivate players.

• It's not 574% defense. It's better. Because the 200% in game applies to the new base after factoring in the actual base, the mods, and 374% on the cron.

My 7th sister has an in game armor value of 63.4%(11.6%). This means her base armor (before mods) is about 51.8%. This translates to ~685 defense. With my mods, it's about ~1,104 defense. Multiplying the base by 4.7407 and adding the 419 from my mods yields a new defense value of ~3,667, or something like 85.2% armor. These are the new base values to be used by the 200% calculation. When fully stacked, 3,667 * 3 = 11,001 defense or about 94.52% armor.

So, this datacron, when stacked, will have increased her armor from 1,104 to 11,001, nearly a full factor of 10 and she would have gone from taking 36.6% damage from a hit to only taking 5.48% damage from a hit. When fully stacked, my 7th sister would be ~6-7x thicker.

If I'm wrong anywhere, let me know.
  • "Whatelse73;c-2445061" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2444918" wrote:
    OP, how often are you even seeing DCs with insane stats like this? We're at similar SR (you're a little higher than me) and I've never seen one like this.

DCs have been dialed way back since the early sets and it's fine now. I don't really like DCs either, but it was way worse before.

Repeat after me - it's fine.

From before, like when we had 400% defense datacrons? Or when we had datacrons that applied to GL's? Oh, wait, those are back again. And they'll be back again and again because CG is just recycling old datacron abilities. (That's why all the character specific abilities don't say he/she anymore, all were switched to "they" so characters, factions, etc., can just be switched.)

It's fine you say, but is it though?

Yes, it is. We both survived before, and we will again.

Once again, how many times have you seen one of these mega defense DCs? How much higher do you think you would be in GAC if you hadn't seen it...once? Twice? Not at all?

Neither of us is in K1. It's not relevant to either of us.

It's fine.
  • "Rokaryn_Mazel;c-2445134" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2445111" wrote:
    "Whatelse73;c-2445061" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2444918" wrote:
    OP, how often are you even seeing DCs with insane stats like this? We're at similar SR (you're a little higher than me) and I've never seen one like this.

DCs have been dialed way back since the early sets and it's fine now. I don't really like DCs either, but it was way worse before.

From before, like when we had 400% defense datacrons? Or when we had datacrons that applied to GL's? Oh, wait, those are back again. And they'll be back again and again because CG is just recycling old datacron abilities. (That's why all the character specific abilities don't say he/she anymore, all were switched to "they" so characters, factions, etc., can just be switched.)

Once again, how many times have you seen one of these mega defense DCs? How much higher do you think you would be in GAC if you hadn't seen it...once? Twice? Not at all?

It's fine.

Just because something is not relevant to you, does not mean it is not relevant to the game or player base.

Should K1 players discount the PG problems because they already have the Conquest units? Not relevant to me or my guild.

It is a valid concern that CG has 400% defense stats in same set as 200% defense (eventually) ability as well as 75% damage reduction (sometimes).

Is it the biggest issue right now? No. Other things should be addressed first and its a DC so it'll rotate out. Would be nice if they tuned defense down some in future DC sets, though.

Should you just blow it off because "it isn't relevant to you"? IMO no.

It's not relevant to me or the OP, who I was addressing. It's also not relevant to 99% of the player base.

The PG issue impacts way more players.

I'm sorry K1 players have to deal with it, I guess. I suspect they're coping, or they're now in K2, which is also fine.
    MasterSeedy
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Drives me nuts that my autocorrect changes Taliana to Tatiana and most times I don't notice.
  • "MasterSeedy;c-2445163" wrote:
    Pretty soon everyone will be in K2 anyway. Taliana is monitoring the slow destruction of K1.

Would be nice if they posted an update. I've been curious as to whether K1 was still shrinking.
    MasterSeedy
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Short answer: It is.

Longer answer? Visit 50 Shards on Discord and tag Taliana. She'll give you 17,000 words and 8 graphs on exactly how much, how that changes the distributions, and the interesting math behind how she knows what she knows.
  • "MasterSeedy;c-2445163" wrote:
    Pretty soon everyone will be in K2 anyway.
    Hopefully. I'm in K3, just 11 Skill Rating points short of K2.

Whatelse73
    Rising Adventurer
    "TVF;c-2445111" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2444918" wrote:

It's fine.

Of course we survive, it's a video game. I'm in K2, but I have a couple opponents with 300+% armor pen datacrons and one with 4 or 5 200%+ defense datacrons, but that's not counting the L6 defense stacking ability. The one I posted was from my arena.

There's still lots of time on these datacrons and they'll just get more impactful as players get more resources to create more.
    Whatelse73
    Rising Adventurer
    "TVF;c-2445137" wrote:
    "Rokaryn_Mazel;c-2445134" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2445111" wrote:
    "TVF;c-2444918" wrote:

It's fine.

Just because something is not relevant to you, does not mean it is not relevant to the game or player base.

Should K1 players discount the PG problems because they already have the Conquest units? Not relevant to me or my guild.

It is a valid concern that CG has 400% defense stats in same set as 200% defense (eventually) ability as well as 75% damage reduction (sometimes).

Is it the biggest issue right now? No. Other things should be addressed first and its a DC so it'll rotate out. Would be nice if they tuned defense down some in future DC sets, though.

Should you just blow it off because "it isn't relevant to you"? IMO no.

It's not relevant to me or the OP, who I was addressing. It's also not relevant to 99% of the player base.

The PG issue impacts way more players.

I'm sorry K1 players have to deal with it, I guess. I suspect they're coping, or they're now in K2, which is also fine.

I will concur that Proving Grounds is definitely a bigger problem child that CG needs to address, especially with the newer super commando issue (Not that it impacts me since I can't play any of those). Rented Datacrons aren't as big an issue, but that doesn't mean they aren't an issue that can be discussed on an official forum, among so many other issues players have.
    Whatelse73
    Rising Adventurer
    "TVF;c-2445265" wrote:
    Never said you can't discuss it

I just disagree that it's a problem for the vast majority of us

I don't disagree with that, I might've missed if someone else mentioned that.

RNGesus impacts all players though, especially when CG relies on it too often to determine outcomes.