Forum Discussion

7 years ago

2 days, 16 hours and 58 shards short

Is farming 58 Hera shards in that short of time even possible? If I had to use gems can anyone give me an approximate amount of what I'd be looking to spend?
  • "StarWars2nd;c-1437862" wrote:
    "GulSkiVader;c-1437734" wrote:
    @StarWars2nd , did you get 6* Thrawn? It does take a bit more resources to power him up but as long as you got him, you can take your time. He belongs in anyone's arena team.

I have tried so many times and i can't even get an attack off in the final battle against thrawn. I think my gear level is just too low. Possibly my level too.

I got 5* Thrawn to Gear VII and he seems to have push by Arena rank from 90s to pushing past Top 50. So to be honest i have given up trying. Im Happy enough with 5* and will push for 7* next time around. Only downfall is i cant use Thrawn in Raids.

And here my 7* Thrawn wont get me past the top 250. Take your time, your shard is young and youre in a good place.

Farm a zeta on put it on Kannan for next time, and youll do fine.
  • "StarWars2nd;c-1437872" wrote:
    "jejuzang;c-1437865" wrote:

And here my 7* Thrawn wont get me past the top 250. Take your time, your shard is young and youre in a good place.

Farm a zeta on put it on Kannan for next time, and youll do fine.

Yeah i started in December 2017 and followed the guide that's the only reason i think im pushing top 50.

Its as high as ill go as im struggling to beat the 7* KRU teams even with thrawn.

Yeah ill be putting some focus into my Phoenix team from now till next event so i should be good next time.

KRU gets a lot more scary when your abilities take a big jump and you start adding gear. That said if you use chopper in your arena team he sucks against kru team even at gear ix.
    YKMisfit
    New Spectator
    I didn't want to start a new thread for more Phoenix talk, but I've recently started a new account. Nobody in my shard has Thrawn from this event from what I can gather, but as a f2p (basically), will I be able to farm up Phoenix between now and the next time Thrawn comes around, or am I looking at 2 rotations before I get him myself?

I really hate Phoenix and how you pretty much have to have them in this game to avoid falling behind, but if they must be farmed, then I'm willing to start if only to get it over with and to get Thrawn.
  • "YKMisfit;c-1437933" wrote:
    I didn't want to start a new thread for more Phoenix talk, but I've recently started a new account. Nobody in my shard has Thrawn from this event from what I can gather, but as a f2p (basically), will I be able to farm up Phoenix between now and the next time Thrawn comes around, or am I looking at 2 rotations before I get him myself?

I really hate Phoenix and how you pretty much have to have them in this game to avoid falling behind, but if they must be farmed, then I'm willing to start if only to get it over with and to get Thrawn.

I just restarted also and I will JUST make unlocking Thrawn at 5* tonight. Can't remember the exact date but definitely less than a few weeks and I've gotten just about everyone to 6* and a couple close to 7*, Hera is the only 5*. So yes you could easily get a 7* Thrawn during the next event as long as you are spending your energy daily and managing your resources properly. Just grind them up to 7* and a minimum of gear 8, get gear 9 if possible, you'll be less RNG reliant and also try to max omega the important skills.

As for hating phoenix I'm right there with you, however their pro list far outweighs the cons.

Pros
    -Unlocks Thrawn, a top tier character with the top ship
    -They have multiple useful tags, giving you access to 2 Jedi, a droid, and rebels
    -They can finish GW daily without a single loss, for the most part can even be done on auto.
    -Can keep you in the top 100 on a newer shard
    -Have good ships should you choose to unlock them.

Cons
    -So friggin boring
    -annoying to gear
    -Takes all your resources and leaves you with a small stable of characters. Obviously with several months until your next Thrawn chance you could branch out and farm other shards but if you read these forums a lot you'll see plenty of posts from people who didn't finish their 7* and end up having to scramble. Plus it's best just to focus the 5 so you stay competitive in the arena and once complete you'll have every shard farm available.
  • don't forget they're pilots with 2 good ships. They help me into top 20 which gets crystals. Nothing to hate as what you put in, you will get back and more. They will help you advance in this game so might as well enjoy them.

Thrawn at any unlocked state is a beast but still needs a team around him. He will win you battles at the end but if your team isn't much to begin with, you will lose. The arena is not just 1 star.
  • Well I somehow managed to pull it off! I had 2 hours to spare and used 0$, I must have had luck on my side though because that's a ton of shards in under 3 days. I almost blew it though, I tried and failed horribly, and by horribly I mean I was losing on 3 of 4, until I decided to give it one more go and realized I didn't have Hera as my lead! It's amazing how much her leadership makes or breaks this team, from losing on 3 of 4 to winning with only 1 character death is a huge difference.