Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Arena: Shaak Clones or Padme?

So, I'm planning on making a new account, which will probably involve a Hyperdrive Bundle. With that bundle, I'd be able to farm up Arc Trooper relatively quickly, and a few thousand crystals can get a 2 star Shaak Ti to go along with the 501st Clones. Or, I could farm for GBA and (somewhat less quickly) get a Padme team.

So, which team is better? Specifically, which team is better against the Bastilla lead / JKR teams that make up most of the top of new shards? From what I can see both teams can crush JKR on offense but lose fairly easily to them on defense.

Teams would be Shaak Ti/Fives/Echo/Rex/Arc (could sub JKA for Arc) or Padme/GK/JKA/Ashoka/GMY (could sub Barris for GMY).

If there's another team that can counter JKR teams relatively well on defense, that would be nice to know as well. Only ones I've found are GLs, GAS, DR-Malak, and Sep Droids, none of which are as accessible as JKR is.
  • "TargetEadu;c-2159827" wrote:
    I'm leaning toward Padme. I think I can get C3PO as a higher priority than I've been planning. But before C3PO, would GMY or Barriss be a better 5th? GMY seems to be the more often used (and doesn't necessarily need a zeta to work), but zBarriss's healing seems like a good way to mitigate JKR and GMY's attacks.

GMY is probably the best fifth against GAS and also works well against DR if you mod him for speed. I have relic 3PO, R2, Barriss and Shaak Ti, and I used GMY almost exclusively before I switched to GAS. 3PO has some strengths versus DR though and used to hold better on defense against Palp, but I'm not sure if that's still true after the Vader rework.
  • "Darth_DeVito;c-2160566" wrote:
    "TargetEadu;c-2159827" wrote:
    I'm leaning toward Padme. I think I can get C3PO as a higher priority than I've been planning. But before C3PO, would GMY or Barriss be a better 5th? GMY seems to be the more often used (and doesn't necessarily need a zeta to work), but zBarriss's healing seems like a good way to mitigate JKR and GMY's attacks.

and used to hold better on defense against Palp, but I'm not sure if that's still true after the Vader rework.

I have tried palp with vader against padme after the rework. Before the rework, you were almost not able to kill padme, now it's very difficult and I had to play very carefully. (my empire was a little bit undergeared in comparison with the padme team. It was G11 with G12 vader against G12 with r3 or 4 anakin and G11 C3PO)
  • "Darth_DeVito;c-2160564" wrote:
    "Treeburner;c-2159955" wrote:
    @Darth_DeVito
    Are you sure shaak doesn't beat DR+ malak . Because I've been consistently beating them with my shaak team since day 1

Not at the top of the arena, no.

Does full r7 count ? Because I don't know what I can do to make their team better for you lol.
    When you mod properly it's quite easy ,if you are having problems defeating full relic DR malak teams inbox me I'll help you out .
  • @Treeburner

I never tried it with arc because I don't have him geared up. it seems that with arc it's also possible.
  • "Sanderzas;c-2161029" wrote:
    @Treeburner

I never tried it with arc because I don't have him geared up. it seems that with arc it's also possible.

So your telling me that you are not running the optimal clones under shaak ti leadership?
    Seems weird but each to their own .
    What relic levels are the rest of the team at ? Are you using JKA as your 5th ?

Also if you want to theory craft Youtubers like ahnald won't get you far.
  • "Treeburner;c-2161056" wrote:
    "Sanderzas;c-2161029" wrote:
    @Treeburner

So your telling me that you are not running the optimal clones under shaak ti leadership?

I'm using shaak with rex echo fives and sarge, but I don't use them to counter DR. I know arc is better, but at G1 I don't think he will be a great addition.
  • "Sanderzas;c-2161201" wrote:
    "Treeburner;c-2161056" wrote:
    "Sanderzas;c-2161029" wrote:
    @Treeburner

I'm using shaak with rex echo fives and sarge, but I don't use them to counter DR. I know arc is better, but at G1 I don't think he will be a great addition.

Think cody or Ashoka will be a better 5th than sarge .
    You could also try zeta Barris as the 5th
  • I don't have barris or cody geared up, and ashoka is more useful with padme I think. But thanks for the help.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 2 months ago