Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Best medic/healer?

Who do you use for your healer? I've been exclusively using luminaria but now I got dakka to a decent level and gear and I really really like the revive(especially w night sister team). Who do you prefer?
  • Bariss because her heal isn't a heal so it ignores debuffs.
    Ewok Elder has a lot of healing options and TM gains.

But both of those are much harder to farm than Daka and Lumi. Daka is also pretty important for dark side battles and her stun helps a lot in gear challenges.

So, in short; depends.
  • All healers suk in this game so if you have to choose one, better choose EE. Best healer/reviver in the game (since healing is a wasted turn anyway).
    With 2 options to revive and a unique that gives your team TM, there is no better option.
  • Direct healing loses its usefulness later in the game, well sometimes it's useful in GW but nobody uses healers in Rancor T7, AAT or arena on their A-team late game.
  • EE the best all way ... his heal removes all negative status effects before it heals (=heal immunity is gone) and has the chance to revive a fallen char, plus he has a extra revive ability (which is not based on a chance), plus he has the chance to gain a lot of tm, plus he grants tm on basic. He also has a not too low amount of hp, protection and defense, what reduces the chance of getting 1-hit-killed.

Just in order to "heal", i would also note Barriss Offee ... her leader ability heal is a free heal every single turn without the need to use an ability and adds max health in addition. her special equalize hp, so chars having low hp + heal immunity still come out with a higher hp. Barriss HP and Protection is nice so she for sure wont get killed in 1 hit. Her weak points are speed and attack power ... she is very slow and does almost no damage. her tm-gain from allies getting crits would need a buff to make her more useful. but any way, she was GW-Goddess for a long time.
  • "Achilles;756949" wrote:
    he has a extra revive ability (which is not based on a chance)

Really? It hardly ever works for me. :(

• Depends on your purpose. I like them all for different reasons.

Lumi is the best all around because of her ability block and she can hit.

Ee and aa are a must. I'm working up lobot for my droid team in the tank raid.

Bariss is super tanky and can heal through debuffs, but she hits like a wet noodle.

JC doesn't need to be in the game. Right along with the Nightsister who kills herself to others.
  • Under General Kenobi lead, Ahsoka will be the best healer. Otherwise my vote goes to Wedge lead
  • I don't use a healer anymore.

I don't even have any healers at a usable level on my alternate account. I almost always finish GW.

Every once in a while I will throw in Old Daka but even at G10 she gets targeted and taken out too quickly for my liking.

It's easier to dominate turn meter (and a lot of fun to crush your opponents).

Leads I like to use for GW:

Sidious
    Wedge
    Phasma
    Teebo (if going against 5's, Dooku, etc.)
    EP (hard to come by I know)

Top DPS I like to use:
    GS
    Lando
    Biggs/Wedge combo

I like to use IG-88 with Old Ben. He hits like a truck once OB throws his Mind Tricks down.

You CAN use healers but when you get to top tier teams, healers can't save you. Wiggs one shots, Lando crit AOE 20k plus damage. There are no healers for that and that IS what you will eventually end up with in GW.
  • "tRRRey;757211" wrote:
    Under General Kenobi lead, Ahsoka will be the best healer. Otherwise my vote goes to Wedge lead

Do you really think Ahsoka's "Protective Maneuver" counts as a healing ability for General Kenobi's lead? I assume healing abilities and attacks that recover ally health are different from each other. After all it only recovers ally health if the target is above half health. And I assume it's meant as, your healer heals everybody while the others attack.

Ahsoka's ability is a straight up attack, which means she would attack at full damage while everybody else attacks at half damage. Those numbers would be absolutely insane, which is why I have to assume they've coded his leader effect to specific abilities. That would be the simplest and bug free way of doing it.
  • "War;758105" wrote:
    "tRRRey;757211" wrote:
    Under General Kenobi lead, Ahsoka will be the best healer. Otherwise my vote goes to Wedge lead

Do you really think Ahsoka's "Protective Maneuver" counts as a healing ability for General Kenobi's lead? I assume healing abilities and attacks that recover ally health are different from each other. After all it only recovers ally health if the target is above half health. And I assume it's meant as, your healer heals everybody while the others attack.

Ahsoka's ability is a straight up attack, which means she would attack at full damage while everybody else attacks at half damage. Those numbers would be absolutely insane, which is why I have to assume they've coded his leader effect to specific abilities. That would be the simplest and bug free way of doing it.

Yes, his leader ability simply reads that it applies to any jedi who uses a group heal, which is what protective maneuver does as long as it's used on a green health enemy. The fact that it's also an attack is why it looks like she'll be the best healer under a Kenobi lead