Forum Discussion

7 years ago

CLS Tenacity Down

So, I've been running Sith in Arena for a while (I know, I know...) and I face CLS about 4 times a day. I run a Sith Trooper with 81% Tenacity, and most of the CLS I see have between 5-12% potency (+40% for his unique) leaving a difference of about +30% tenacity...

I very rarely, if EVER, see Sith Trooper resist either buff immunity or tenacity down. However, when he DOES resist, he resists both effects. I have never seen tenacity down without buff immunity. This leads me to believe the tenacity down is applied before buff immunity?

Regardless...how much tenacity do you need to actually resist ANYTHING?
    crzydroid
    Seasoned Traveler
    Tenacity down can't be resisted. According to mechanics, it is actually applied last, wven after damage and tmr.

I've definitely seen the buff immunity not land in raid before.

If you are seeing tenacity down not applied, the attacked was dodged.
    crzydroid
    Seasoned Traveler
    Anyway, if CLS doesn't have a potency cross, and only has the 52%, and your tenacity is 81%, then 81-52= a 29% chance to resist. So you should see a resist of the buff immunity and tmr a little less than a third of the time (each). T Down should always stick if it was not dodged.
  • "crzydroid;c-1419409" wrote:
    Anyway, if CLS doesn't have a potency cross, and only has the 52%, and your tenacity is 81%, then 81-52= a 29% chance to resist. So you should see a resist of the buff immunity and tmr a little less than a third of the time (each). T Down should always stick if it was not dodged.

I was not aware that Tenacity Down could not be resisted...interesting. So a miss must be what I was seeing when neither was applied.
  • So just to clarify, with CLS, you CAN resist the buff immunity and TM reduction normally (before tenacity down is applied) then tenacity down is applied at the end of the attack?

If this is the case, I'm going to start charting this, because in my experience in no way am I seeing anything close to 30% resist rate.
  • "Dryff;c-1419479" wrote:
    So just to clarify, with CLS, you CAN resist the buff immunity and TM reduction normally (before tenacity down is applied) then tenacity down is applied at the end of the attack?

Yes.
    crzydroid
    Seasoned Traveler
    "Mobewan;c-1420156" wrote:
    R2 also gives potency to rebels with number crunch

That too.

Make sure you factor that into your potency calculation when you track the rate.
  • "crzydroid;c-1421709" wrote:
    "Mobewan;c-1420156" wrote:
    R2 also gives potency to rebels with number crunch

That too.

Make sure you factor that into your potency calculation when you track the rate.

Yeah I realized that as well, and I'll be sure to check it. So far, I've seen one resist in four hits where the chances we all between 30-40% (theoretically).

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago