Forum Discussion

7 years ago

DS players

https://i2.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif?ssl=1
  • "Fedegalante1891;c-1471859" wrote:
    That only reflects what people use at the time of payout. So basically nothing, just the squad needed to drop the people who were at 1st before.
    There is no “one” meta , you need 3/4 squads to compete. EP to beat Luke, NS/Rex to beat JTR, IT to beat NS, Luke and JTR for less surgical purposes.
    I think its healthy, and at least in my shard you see people using multiple teams while climbing. I know i do. You will have a hard time avoiding squads if you are a one trick pony.

Btw, Bb8 firing ID after a couple turns, whats the deal with that?

I find this to be incredibly wrong. My EP team can kill CLS teams rex teams NS teams JTR teams IT teams all incredibly easily. In fact the ONLY team that gives me any trouble is other EP teams with faster mods.. so no I dont change up my arena team daily and never have with any other composition either actually. Except for the one odd 5th member that could be swapped rarely.
  • "Intrapidoo;c-1472047" wrote:
    Would change a lot if they actually started properly balancing champions. The leaders are not important anymore. If you look at whats broken for what price as far as gear or skill requirements to be viable, i think easily the most broken character that needs to get nerfed probably harder than anything is the ns zombie.

lmao, what?
  • Interesting that no one is running Death Trooper in their empire team. Why not a EP (L), Vader, Thrawn, ShoreT and DeathT? Deathmark is amazing.

EDIT: Then I realized that not only does Nihilus also increase cooldowns like DT does, but he has the 1 hit kill advantage over DT. Deathmark is close though. But I see why Nihilus is in that spot instead of DT. I don't have Nihilus so I'm running DT instead w/ Shore.

• "Intrapidoo;c-1472047" wrote:
    Would change a lot if they actually started properly balancing champions. The leaders are not important anymore. If you look at whats broken for what price as far as gear or skill requirements to be viable, i think easily the most broken character that needs to get nerfed probably harder than anything is the ns zombie.

Can I interest you in some troopers?
    Seriously tho, kinda of a new player question, Zombie is not top tier at all. Good yes, kinda unique, needeed for NS to be viable. Thrawn makes him useless, any kind of buff immunity makes it useless, troopers love it when he dies, just get a Asajj of your own and she loves him too. Just keep playing and dont be afraid to ask old players for advice (like I did)
  • zEP is the only squad that easily handles every other composition right now. They are the new Meta. With these new characters coming the entire shard will be forced to run zEP leads... or suffer
  • I am thoroughly enjoying the current meta. With zEP/Vader/Thrawn in front, I can win with a variety of toons in the last 2 spots. I've run, or seen people running Nihilus, Tarkin, Shoretrooper, IPD, Sith Trooper, Starck, Zidious, and Dooku just to name a few. And it appears that we have more options on the way including a possible DS equal to GK.

Also CLS teams, and JTR teams are still perfectly viable. Nightsisters are hurting, but hanging around. And I'm actually seeing more Thrawn leads, and Rex leads since zEP has been on the rise. The devs deserve lots of credit for giving us a variety of options to run. I love the diversity. Anyone who wants to complain about the current meta doesn't remember when 100% of the top 50 in arena was Dooku lead, RG, GS, QGJ, Rey.