Forum Discussion

Shaun51422
Rising Novice
4 years ago

GAC Squads per Division?

Everything I saw said that with the division restructure division 8 (my new division) would remain unchanged, but there are 6 squads plus ships now. Did I miss a change in plan or is something wrong? If it stays this way, then nothing changed except the division number, which seems pretty pointless.
  • "Schwartzring;c-2275705" wrote:
    "shaun51422;c-2275468" wrote:
    2.8 GP. Div 8. I was Div 5 before.

Just to be clear. No you were not.

2.8 Mil GP was Division 4.

You passed into the old Division-5 when you hit 2.5 Million GP.

So Division-4 was 6 Teams & 1 Fleet.
    The new Division-8 is 6 Teams & 1 Fleet

The new Division-7 that you will hit at 3.1 Million GP is the same GP you would have needed to move from Division-4 up to Division-3.
    So literally nothing is has changed w/ GP or brackets from where you were.

How is it you can’t field 12 Teams at 2.8 Million GP?

Subtracting out 800K for a pair of fleets that leaves you with 2 Million for 12 Teams which is 167K per Team.

I don’t have a single team that high & have I have 36 characters at Relic-5+

To be clear, I was in Div 5 last time. You do understand that GP increases, right?
    Do you also understand that you have to get some characters and develop them to a certain level in order to get better characters, right?
    If you took the time to read, I never said I couldn't set that many teams. I said good teams. How much GP do you have and how much of it is not tied up in those 36?
  • "Konju;c-2275808" wrote:
    This math above assumes only having 60 characters total in the 2M GP (which is highly unlikely).

It is easy to see how one can have good squads and bad squads being used in the lower divisions of GAC without needing to use much imagination.

My alt is also in Div 8 and the placements are fine. There are some weak teams set by nearly everyone so no one has a distinct advantage. Having a GL under 3M is really the biggest advantage one can muster for GAC in this division.

No, my opponent this round can do better than that. He has SL Kylo and SEE. To be fair, SEE doesn't have his ultimate so I guess he isn't really that good. lol
    I realize everyone has to set weak teams so there is no advantage because of it I would just prefer it not be that way. I can't remember the last time I had to use my full Padme team. I've never had to use my GAS team. I have Drevan and BSF at relic and HK at G12 and didn't have any plans to get the rest of the team because I'll never need to use them in GAC. Those 3 can always get a win against as good of a D as I see so I'd never use the others.
  • "shaun51422;c-2275545" wrote:
    Again, I appreciate you responding and being willing to discuss, but I think you missed my point. You can't have 12 decent teams at my GP and also compete well at arena or be any help to your guild in TW, TB, or raids.
    I am very aware that you need to have a Solid development strategy - that is near impossible to have enough characters for GAC if you are trying to do that. The direction GAC pushes is to Not develop your characters to a high level. That doesn't make sense to me from a game play perspective or a business perspective for you guys - it's easy to get 100 characters activated and geared to a low level, particularly after the shard drop increases. It's the high level gear you need gems (aka money) to get.

Literally every other aspect of this game encourages you to have highly developed characters - Arena, TW/TB, Galactic Challenge, raids, Conquest. You can be way better at all of these with a few good teams than 100 not very good but not bad teams. At my GP, you can have a few good teams or you can have several mediocre teams, but you cannot have both.

I may have spoken harshly calling it a total fail and you seem to have taken offense, so I apologize for that if maybe it's your area of work, but you must also see that it is the only aspect of the game that people constantly have a problem with. I don't see it about anything else. I'm just pretty disappointed that you made an announcement that would have made it better from my perspective and then changed the part that applied to me in a much less publicized announcement and actually took in in the other direction.

There are F2P rosters that can get you kyber, arena rank 1 , great conquest rewards, and more at your GP. Problem is you made worse roster choices.

Everyone =/= top tier.

You want your participation trophy to be more than it is. Sorry. It is not
  • "shaun51422;c-2276300" wrote:

To be clear, I was in Div 5 last time. You do understand that GP increases, right?
    Do you also understand that you have to get some characters and develop them to a certain level in order to get better characters, right?
    If you took the time to read, I never said I couldn't set that many teams. I said good teams. How much GP do you have and how much of it is not tied up in those 36?

Oh I took plenty of time to read it & then double checked your #'s which is why I pointed out how you were comparing apples to oranges by quoting your PREVIOUS Division #s w/ your CURRENT Division #s & saying they raised them due to the changes they made in GAC divisions.

The fact is you went up a division in GP & that has nothing to do w/ the GAC changes & everything to do w/ your roster.
    You claimed the GAC changes are why you have to lay out more but as I and others above pointed out, that just isn't true & you have to do the same # of teams as before the changes.

As for my GP.....
    4.5 Mil.... 2.5 in Squads....... 2.0 in Fleets

20 LS Relic 5+ Chars for 4 full teams (Revan, GAS, Padme, & CLS) ranging from 130-140K each = 549K
    16 DS Relic 5+ Chars spread out over 7 DS Teams (Drevan, Palps, GG, KRU, Geos, BHs, Sisters) from 99-136K GP Each totals 784K
    Another dozen teams 90K or less for another million GP
    Finally the rest is platoon characters & other junk. (100-200K)

So nearly half my ground GP is used up on crapola teams for Hoth TB (Rogue-1, Imp Troopers, Phoenix) or stuff used to get Legendary events (Resistance, Ewoks, Old Republic).
    I've done more than my share of "help the guild" teams.

My 2 Mil in fleets nets me 4 full fleets & several extra "platoons" ships or stuff I have open at lower stars that I don't use.
    The 4 fleets are 2 LS that have both been #1 in fleet are various times & 2 DS that are good enough to go 2/2 in the DS Geo TB as long as I don't pull Negotiator as the opponent.

• "shaun51422;c-2276301" wrote:

I can't remember the last time I had to use my full Padme team. I've never had to use my GAS team. I have Drevan and BSF at relic and HK at G12 and didn't have any plans to get the rest of the team because I'll never need to use them in GAC. Those 3 can always get a win against as good of a D as I see so I'd never use the others.

If you don't have to use Padme or GAS or a full SE team, then, what is the problem?

I'm not sure what sort of teams your facing where a G12 HK is able to pull off easy wins.

I'm used to seeing fully relic'd Drevan teams w/ Malak & all characters at R5-7 range.
  • "Schwartzring;c-2276438" wrote:
    "shaun51422;c-2276301" wrote:

I can't remember the last time I had to use my full Padme team. I've never had to use my GAS team. I have Drevan and BSF at relic and HK at G12 and didn't have any plans to get the rest of the team because I'll never need to use them in GAC. Those 3 can always get a win against as good of a D as I see so I'd never use the others.

If you don't have to use Padme or GAS or a full SE team, then, what is the problem?

I'm not sure what sort of teams your facing where a G12 HK is able to pull off easy wins.

I'm used to seeing fully relic'd Drevan teams w/ Malak & all characters at R5-7 range.

Not having to use the is the problem for me. I understand some people like it as it is, I'd rather need a full sith empire team to have a good chance to get a win rather than only needing part of it.
  • "Schwartzring;c-2276437" wrote:
    "shaun51422;c-2276300" wrote:

Oh I took plenty of time to read it & then double checked your #'s which is why I pointed out how you were comparing apples to oranges by quoting your PREVIOUS Division #s w/ your CURRENT Division #s & saying they raised them due to the changes they made in GAC divisions.

The fact is you went up a division in GP & that has nothing to do w/ the GAC changes & everything to do w/ your roster.
    You claimed the GAC changes are why you have to lay out more but as I and others above pointed out, that just isn't true & you have to do the same # of teams as before the changes.

As for my GP.....
    4.5 Mil.... 2.5 in Squads....... 2.0 in Fleets

20 LS Relic 5+ Chars for 4 full teams (Revan, GAS, Padme, & CLS) ranging from 130-140K each = 549K
    16 DS Relic 5+ Chars spread out over 7 DS Teams (Drevan, Palps, GG, KRU, Geos, BHs, Sisters) from 99-136K GP Each totals 784K
    Another dozen teams 90K or less for another million GP
    Finally the rest is platoon characters & other junk. (100-200K)

So nearly half my ground GP is used up on crapola teams for Hoth TB (Rogue-1, Imp Troopers, Phoenix) or stuff used to get Legendary events (Resistance, Ewoks, Old Republic).
    I've done more than my share of "help the guild" teams.

My 2 Mil in fleets nets me 4 full fleets & several extra "platoons" ships or stuff I have open at lower stars that I don't use.
    The 4 fleets are 2 LS that have both been #1 in fleet are various times & 2 DS that are good enough to go 2/2 in the DS Geo TB as long as I don't pull Negotiator as the opponent.

They made changes to the lower (high numbered) divisions that were not originally announced. Yes, the number of teams required by a player of a certain GP remain relatively unchanged. I got that. If they kept the original number for that division, it would have been better, IMO. IMO is not wrong - it is just that. Yours is 100% different and that is ok too.
  • "Mephisto_style;c-2276315" wrote:
    "shaun51422;c-2275545" wrote:
    Again, I appreciate you responding and being willing to discuss, but I think you missed my point. You can't have 12 decent teams at my GP and also compete well at arena or be any help to your guild in TW, TB, or raids.
    I am very aware that you need to have a Solid development strategy - that is near impossible to have enough characters for GAC if you are trying to do that. The direction GAC pushes is to Not develop your characters to a high level. That doesn't make sense to me from a game play perspective or a business perspective for you guys - it's easy to get 100 characters activated and geared to a low level, particularly after the shard drop increases. It's the high level gear you need gems (aka money) to get.

Literally every other aspect of this game encourages you to have highly developed characters - Arena, TW/TB, Galactic Challenge, raids, Conquest. You can be way better at all of these with a few good teams than 100 not very good but not bad teams. At my GP, you can have a few good teams or you can have several mediocre teams, but you cannot have both.

I may have spoken harshly calling it a total fail and you seem to have taken offense, so I apologize for that if maybe it's your area of work, but you must also see that it is the only aspect of the game that people constantly have a problem with. I don't see it about anything else. I'm just pretty disappointed that you made an announcement that would have made it better from my perspective and then changed the part that applied to me in a much less publicized announcement and actually took in in the other direction.

There are F2P rosters that can get you kyber, arena rank 1 , great conquest rewards, and more at your GP. Problem is you made worse roster choices.

Everyone =/= top tier.

You want your participation trophy to be more than it is. Sorry. It is not

Actually not looking for participation trophy. I would prefer they take those away by making everyone compete against everyone in their GAC division. Kind of doubting your arena rank 1 theory. That's a good statement about my roster that you haven't seen though.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,720 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago