Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Gifafi’s Guide To GAC Matchmaking

We know the gac mm rules, so adjust your behavior accordingly (if you want to do well in gac). If you were taking a class and the teacher said your grade would be 25% in-class participation, 25% homework, and 50% the final, and you did all your homework perfectly, participated daily with thoughtful and helpful questions and answers, and even did an extra credit assignment for an extra 5%, then you didn’t study for the final because you spent all your time on other things, you’d fail the final and thus the class.

Don’t blame the system bc you didn’t adjust to what it tells you it requires. The system may very well be bad or “unfair,” but that’s irrelevant. It literally doesn’t matter that you think the final shouldn’t be worth 50%, or that in-class participation should be a higher %, or GL’s should only match with GL’s. It is what it is.

**Being selective in gearing chars and hoarding for “gl-unlock to r7 with full zetas” (ideally) is essential to success.**

Ex. If you take Hux to r5 while redboi is 4*, you’ll have one not-great team but be matched with those who took the prereqs up together and have SLKR. And you will be at a disadvantage for a long time while you slowly grind those shards.

Match your behavior to the rules for success.
*That’s how* we are empowered to control our own matchmaking. That’s literally it.

*note: this is mostly stolen -err- inspired by others, but giving credit isn’t my thing...I’m trying to become a swgoh youtuber. Hey-ohhhhh!

• "DarjeloSalas;c-2245452" wrote:
    "TaTaKaS;c-2245450" wrote:
    Nope.

Maybe need “Forum quotes 101” though?

That one I do need, yes.
    Miketo28
    Rising Novice
    "TVF;c-2245608" wrote:
    "Miketo28;c-2245605" wrote:
    "EventineElessedil;c-2245019" wrote:
    Eventine's guide:
    Don't worry about it.

I like this guide better. I see a shiny green plus sign on a toon in my favorite tab and I cannot help myself. I always push the shiny green plus signs.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Provided you don't then come to the forums afterwards to complain about matchmaking.

I don't. I complain in my head how I suck at pushing buttons though.
  • "Ultra;c-2244932" wrote:
    "MetaThumper;c-2244930" wrote:
    "Gifafi;d-243446" wrote:

Don’t blame the system bc you didn’t adjust to what it tells you it requires.

**Being selective in gearing chars and hoarding for “gl-unlock to r7 with full zetas” (ideally) is essential to success.**

Looks like a ton of fun. Silly me and I thought this was just a video game that you collect star wars toons in.

well if collection is your game, then you don't really care about being matchmake with superior and lean rosters

Also if you can thump the meta you don't have to worry about matchmaking?
  • "Gifafi;c-2245026" wrote:
    "MetaThumper;c-2244943" wrote:
    "Ultra;c-2244932" wrote:

"TaTaKaS;c-2244992" wrote:
    This is not a guide.

It literally is.

No it is not. The first two and biggest paragraphs are giving no clue on what to do. Your 3rd paragraph is a general advice, then you give an example. The last 2 paragraphs are not very helpful also. So "hoard until you have the materials for a GL and then put the gear on" does not count as a guide in my book.
    Miketo28
    Rising Novice
    Eventine's guide:
    Don't worry about it.

I like this guide better. I see a shiny green plus sign on a toon in my favorite tab and I cannot help myself. I always push the shiny green plus signs.
  • "Miketo28;c-2245605" wrote:
    Eventine's guide:
    Don't worry about it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Provided you don't then come to the forums afterwards to complain about matchmaking.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago