Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Home One challenge

Hi guys,

I really have problems with the home one challenge.
I'm at tier IV (to 5* it) and I just can't do it.
Before this awful ships 2.0 I thought it's because of the fact that I only have 5 fighters.
And since I can only use 5 fighters now, I thought it may be doable.
But it's gotten worse.
There's not even a silver lining on the horizon.

I have the same issue with the endurance but I guess that ship doesn't matter anyway, right?

I read a thread here but i don't have the ships that were suggested.
So I thought maybe some of you could share there wisdom and help me out.

I only have ghost, phantom, Biggs, Jedi counselor and clone sergeant at 4*s. They're all lvl 75.
As for the pilots: Phoenix squad and Biggs are 7*s, Jedi counselor is 5*s and clone sergeant is 4*s.
Home one is only lvl 50 since I'm using executrix and ship credits are pretty hard to get.

Is it generally impossible to make it with those ships even if I pimp them up?

Help me community, you're my only hope.
  • "Ruprecht;c-1563108" wrote:

Well the opponent is the same as before but he should have been adjusted to ships 2.0.
    We play ships 2.0 with ships 1.0 opponents and that is what makes it so hard.
    But I'll continue to improve my fleet it's just no fun the way it is now since the devs forgot changing the challenges to make them doable at ships 2.0.

I tried Home One in 1.0, and since 2.0.
    It's the most of the same ships, but they only start with 3, just like you.
    It used to be Rex/Asohka/JC/Sarge/Sarge, now it's just Rex/JC/Phantom.
    The abilities are also changed to 2.0, just like you.
    I'm not sure where you're seeing 1.0 opponents.
  • "Trystan_Spyder;c-1563107" wrote:
    I don't know if it's the only way, but it's probably the safest way. Also, he's used pretty much anywhere ships are used, LS, DS, anywhere. It's not like it's a wasted investment (see other rebel ships for Chimera).

Ok, thanks for the help. I still feel like the scaling is off but I appreciate my fleet isn't exactly perfectly balanced. I'll work on bringing in something with taunt.

• Well them having more reinforcements than us is definitely ships 1.0.
    Other than that their ships were meant to make it hard for us in ships 1.0 going 5v5.
    But with 3v3 and making it harder to win in general they had to adjust that. They couldn't simply take the same opponent and just switch to 3 starters.
  • "Ruprecht;c-1563146" wrote:
    Well them having more reinforcements than us is definitely ships 1.0.
    Other than that their ships were meant to make it hard for us in ships 1.0 going 5v5.

So far it goes Rex/JC/Phantom then Fives - Asohka - JC again

Then I die but hopefully that's the end of it!

• "nobodyfromjakku;c-1562914" wrote:

To the OP: try starting with Biggs, Clone Serg, and Phantom. Phantom can provide target lock for Biggs; Clone Serg can taunt and soak up some of the damage if Biggs loses taunt or doesn't land a TL. Reinforce with Ghost if you need an AOE kill; reinforce with JC if your ships are getting low on health and you need a heal. The biggest weakness in your lineup is that Clone Serg and JC both hit like wet noodles, so you're really going to need your other three to deal out serious damage. Also, Clone Serg is low on gear to be the tank he needs to be... I'd work on that a bit. Finally, throw a whole pile of resources into Biggs' ship. He's still very OP after this ship rework, plays well with just about everyone, and is part of a team to get Chimaera, so it's worth maxing his stars, level, and abilities.

I just tried it out to get a feeling for it.
    But unfortunately clone sergeant only gets taunting ability as a reinforcement.
    ;-)
  • Cleared the 6* challenge just this morning. RNG smiled a little, considering how underpowered I was.

Home One 5* 68 (Ackbar 5* 80 G8)
    Biggs 7* 85 (Pilot 7* 85 G10)
    Ghost 6* 80 (Hera 7* 85 G9 / Kanan 7* 85 G8 / Zeb 7* 85 G8)
    Phantom 2 6* 76 ( Sabine 5* 85 G8 / Chopper 7* 85 G9 / Ezra 7* 85 G10)
    Wedge 6* 70 (Wedge 4* 74 G8)
    JC 5* 68 (JC 5* 70 G8)
    Cassian U-Wing 7* 72 (Jyn 5* 62 G7 / K2S0 7* 64 G7 / Cassian 5* 62 G7)

Starting lineup was Biggs/Ghost/Phantom. Had to reset a few times to avoid an insta-kill of phantom, since all 3 of the enemy PLUS the cap ship get to go before I took a turn.

Endurance reinforced Sarge, then JC, then Ahsoka. That was it - 3 reinforcements. Killed JC1, Sarge, JC2, Ahsoka, Rex, Phantom.

Only lost Cassian because Ahsoka came in, wiped taunt from Biggs, and then they blew up Cassian before I could re-establish.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago