Forum Discussion

7 years ago

How high should I take my Phoenix squad?(EP/Thrawn)

So i am currently level 75 and i am getting ready to jump ship with phoenix as they are becoming useless in arena. I was just wondering how far I should gear Phoenix so i am set for the events. Everyone is gear 8 with ezra gear 9 and ready to go to 10.
I am worried that the Thrawn event might come back in 2 days (end of luke event) and there is no way i can level fast enough to unlock omegas. Assuming worst case scenario, Thrawn returns and I am not high enough of level to take ezra to gear 10 and not high enough for omegas, what gear level should I take the other members to? Note: I am also assuming that this team should beat 7* Ep event no problem?

Swgoh: swgoh.gg/u/dirtymongol/collection/

Thanks for all the help
  • I'd say just farm good mods for Phoenix for now then gear something else. They become seriously fantastic in a lot of the late-game content (among the best teams in HAAT and Sith Raid), but for that to work you need to have at least a couple Zetas for them and if possible you'd want to swap Chopper out for Sabine (if you can get her Zeta'd, especially).

However, Zetas are probably fair bit away from you right now, and even when you get them there are higher priority Zetas than the Phoenix ones. You'll probably find yourself coming back to Phoenix at some point in the future, but for now G8/9 should be fine.
  • I had Ezra at Gear 10, the rest at G8 and my mods are nothing special, the RNG gods smiled on me. Its worth it to take Ezra to at least 10 since he can be useful in other teams. Also save Hera's Backup plan for later in the fight, just have one of your tanks (chopper preferrably) eat Thrawns Fracture then swap the taunt before it expires and you should be able to recover and have BP for later when you really need it.
  • "CoastalJames;c-1507957" wrote:
    So you got 7* Thrawn with Phoenix all at Gear 8?

Interesting.

Yes, I did too. For level 85 players with uniques omega'd this is quite common.

For the OP, it will be impossible without gear higher than 8 unless you can get those omegas in time. I'm not sure how good your mods are but they'd have to be pretty solid to overcome not having the omegas.
  • "Kevern_Zaksor;c-1508127" wrote:
    "CoastalJames;c-1507957" wrote:
    So you got 7* Thrawn with Phoenix all at Gear 8?

Interesting.

Yes, I did too. For level 85 players with uniques omega'd this is quite common.

For the OP, it will be impossible without gear higher than 8 unless you can get those omegas in time. I'm not sure how good your mods are but they'd have to be pretty solid to overcome not having the omegas.

Agreed. Not sure it would be possible without omegas. But those are required for phoenix anyway. If you follow what I posted earlier its not super rng dependant. May take a few tries, but not 50 like the last level of CLS. Whole key to that fight is controlling the fracture and removing the deathtrooper buff. Chopper does the first and stagger does the second.
  • "dirtymongol;c-1507914" wrote:
    "Kai_Mulai;c-1507909" wrote:
    At your level, I think you will be able to get Thrawn at 6 stars, but not 7. In January when he was last around, I was level 70 and got him at 6 stars. The only players in my arena shard who got Thrawn at 7 stars were level 76 or higher and they had all 5 Phoenix characters for the event at gear 9.

I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to get Thrawn at 7 stars this time around, since 3 are at gear 9 and I’ve been putting omegas on their uniques. Here’s where I am now, if it helps: https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/squads/26311/

I also can swap on my arena mods if needed to make them faster.

So i should be good if I take everyone to gear 9 then?

And I'm assuming you didn't take the 2 tanks to gear 9 because they need a lot of carbanti's right?

It would be possible if you took everyone to gear 9. And you’re close to correct on why Kanan and Zeb are still gear 8 for me. It’s more about the stun guns, though, than about the carbantis. I get carbantis from challenges. They add up eventually. The stun guns are luck drops from raids and very slow farms from energy nodes. And Kanan and Zeb need 4 between them.
  • Take your pheonix to g8 lvl 85 with all skills except zetas. But you can and should take ezra to g10+. This will get you thrawn 7*. On top of this, ezra is a great attacker to add to jedi or rebel squads in guild events and raids. If you decide to use ghost and phanton in fleets then by all means take them further, but for arena/pvp use g8 is plenty. Feel free to take Ezra higher as said earlier, as he is really useful in events that need large rosters. P.S. he works great with OG leia. Double and triple tap nightmare. Kanan is also beconing a viable second string tank for these type of events. He sits behind GK and old ben on LS but about on a par with STHan
  • If your only goal is Thrawn, you only need G8 and the unique Omegas and good mods. Bench Sabine, and it's not that tough to finish. I did it with a mix of G7 and G8, and a lot of people did it with all G8. Health and protection are your friends for that event.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago