Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Rex lead diminishing?

Is the Rex lead meta starting to end? Only 5/15 are using Rex leads now on my shard
  • "Dretzle;c-1159828" wrote:
    Yeah, as has been said, Rex lead hasn't lost effectiveness, there's just more viable possibilities now. People that like empire can use empire now, as one example.

Rex lead is still solid, but his stats specifically as power creep moves along get to be a liability. He doesn't do much these days as an individual character with low damage and he's a really easy kill target now that Thrawn can fracture one of the tanks protecting him. Rex squads are pretty easy targets now.
  • "JohnnySteelAlpha;c-1159235" wrote:
    See Rex more in the mixed meta squads now, like Rex lead, R2, GK, Boba and DN or zKylo instead of Boba. Those with the mods and the toons switched to zDV lead, then Tarkin, and now Thrawn vintages. Rex teams can still climb and are fairly effective, but not as strong and don't win at the same rate as before.

Sounds like me :)
    Just also added Thrawn as an option for the 5th squad member. Still can beat pretty much everyone but there are better options for sure if you have the right toons ready.
    Overall I really like the diversity of squads currently on our shard.
  • "rawman;c-1159931" wrote:
    "JohnnySteelAlpha;c-1159235" wrote:
    See Rex more in the mixed meta squads now, like Rex lead, R2, GK, Boba and DN or zKylo instead of Boba. Those with the mods and the toons switched to zDV lead, then Tarkin, and now Thrawn vintages. Rex teams can still climb and are fairly effective, but not as strong and don't win at the same rate as before.

Just also added Thrawn as an option for the 5th squad member. Still can beat pretty much everyone but there are better options for sure if you have the right toons ready.

Whatever gets the job done raw :)

Rex still can take you to #1.
  • "JohnnySteelAlpha;c-1159937" wrote:
    "rawman;c-1159931" wrote:
    "JohnnySteelAlpha;c-1159235" wrote:

Whatever gets the job done raw :)

Rex still can take you to #1.

Really like that Thraw lead team you had earlier today. There are actually teams with Thrawn that even rock on defense.
  • "JohnnySteelAlpha;c-1159876" wrote:
    "Dretzle;c-1159828" wrote:
    Yeah, as has been said, Rex lead hasn't lost effectiveness, there's just more viable possibilities now. People that like empire can use empire now, as one example.

Rex lead is still solid, but his stats specifically as power creep moves along get to be a liability. He doesn't do much these days as an individual character with low damage and he's a really easy kill target now that Thrawn can fracture one of the tanks protecting him. Rex squads are pretty easy targets now.

Yeah people complain about EP being squishy but Rex might just be the squishiest toon in the game considering TFP and Rey both have foresight. He is continuing to shrink according to GG and zader, Tarkin and Thrawn are almost collectively up to 20 percent.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago