Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Rex lead. Will it ever end?

So Maul had a brief run at the top before getting a hard counter in R2 - and arguably Rex was already a counter to zMaul anyway. So how come Rex just keeps rolling on and on seemingly without end?
  • Just looked at my shart, no rex leads in top 20, you must be in a newer shart.
  • "Dretzle;c-1195187" wrote:
    "AlexTheG;c-1195184" wrote:
    Interesting! Thanks for posting!

Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Cause I won't be. I invested too much in my clones. :D

What is the age of your leaderboard? Really shouldn't see that many Maul in the top 20 still - 35% Maul is unusually high.
  • "AlexTheG;c-1195986" wrote:
    So according to the meta report, Rex is the lead for about 75% of all #1 arena squads but hey, he's balanced.
    I don't get why the people that so objected to zMaul can not apply the same logic to Rex. At least Maul's leadership was confined to his own faction. Unlike Rex.

Rex is unlikely to ever get mass scrutiny because a lot of non-whales rely on his TM gain and tenacity up to combat lack of good speed mods. He's many player's crutch. You correctly point out the hypocrisy as compared to Maul though, Maul never hit 50% usage on GG and his peak was very short, yet you couldn't get away from seeing multiple Maul nerf threads a day. Hardly ever a one for Rex though despite Rex being the #1 used leader by far for months now and hanging steadily at 45-50%+ for that entire time. The next 4 leads combined don't equal his 50% usage. However, the masses of folks that use Rex aren't going to complain about him and cut their own throats. They'll just use the human vs. AI advantage to beat the other Rex teams. Players losing is what generates nerf complaints generally - not usage / lack of diversity nearly as much.
  • "DarthzRevan;c-1196531" wrote:
    August

That's the first "August" reference I've read that actually made me laugh - wasn't expecting it :)
  • "OneWorldAway;c-1195065" wrote:
    Just wait till we get past zeta abilities and have to work for Tetra abilities. Then he'll be T-Rex. You think this is bad? Wait till that day comes. He'll never go extinct.

You win the internet :lol: :lol: :lol:

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago