Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Ships 2.0

Outside of any of the Geos, what are now the best ships for fleet arena - particularly on offence?

I'm finding that Vader may have more use off the bench now
  • "murchy_7;c-1638644" wrote:
    "CoastalJames;c-1638599" wrote:
    "murchy_7;c-1638437" wrote:
    "CoastalJames;c-1638249" wrote:
    Vader, Biggs, TIE, Ghost, Ahsoka, Silencer and Moff Capital.

there are much better combos than this...

Maybe.

OP asked for the names of ships good in Arena. The above are ships good in Arena.

"best" ships does not include ahsoka and likely not ghost - easily outside the top 5 ships, maybe 10

Nonsense.

Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    What is it about Tarkin that makes him widely considered the best non-Thrawn capital? I use him currently but I'd honestly probably use Home One if I had the resources to sink into it. Is it just because the OMG TIEFIGHTER PARTY move is usually a game ender?
  • "Jarvind;c-1638911" wrote:
    What is it about Tarkin that makes him widely considered the best non-Thrawn capital? I use him currently but I'd honestly probably use Home One if I had the resources to sink into it. Is it just because the OMG TIEFIGHTER PARTY move is usually a game ender?

No. He's just the best. Probably even on a par with Thrawn now, since Ships 2.0.
  • "Jarvind;c-1638911" wrote:

Getting the most from her AoE Ability Block special is a very important part of a lot of Geonosian mirror matches on more mature shards. Otherwise, she's faster than Chimaera, so you can get your first reinforcement out quicker, which can help, as well. It rarely comes down to the TIE Fighter strike ultimate, in my experience.

Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Val_Galahadred;c-1638921" wrote:
    "Jarvind;c-1638911" wrote:

Getting the most from her AoE Ability Block special is a very important part of a lot of Geonosian mirror matches on more mature shards. Otherwise, she's faster than Chimaera, so you can get your first reinforcement out quicker, which can help, as well. It rarely comes down to the TIE Fighter strike ultimate, in my experience.

Meaning that if Thrawn and Tarkin are at equal gear/skill/etc levels and their ships are both maxed, Executrix will still be noticeably faster? That's good to know, I had assumed every capital ship would have pretty much the same stats when maxed.
  • "Val_Galahadred;c-1638921" wrote:
    It rarely comes down to the TIE Fighter strike ultimate, in my experience.

This.

I can't remember the last time I used it. Rarely ever gets to that.

Which is a shame...because it's just about the most fun thing to do in the whole game lol! B)

• "JediKnight_MarkRyan;c-1638869" wrote:
    Outside of your Geos the best ship alignment would probably be: (I run Geos and rarely drop from top 5 so I still highly recommend gear 11 Geos)

Bossk
    TFP
    Biggs

Reinforcements:
    Phantom (Reinforcement Maxed)
    Vader
    Poe

Lead: Tarkin (I love my Ackbar though.)

For the 4th reinforcement Sun Fac Would be a great option. Or perhaps PLO Koon, Cassian, Etc.

great advice - thanks for this
  • "Jarvind;c-1638930" wrote:

Meaning that if Thrawn and Tarkin are at equal gear/skill/etc levels and their ships are both maxed, Executrix will still be noticeably faster? That's good to know, I had assumed every capital ship would have pretty much the same stats when maxed.

Yeah, the Capital Ships all have different base stats, including Speed, just like the toons do. Home One is fastest, then Executrix, then Chimaera. Not sure about the Endurance, but it's pretty much irrelevant. So, when you max out those ships and their associated Captains (crew), Executrix will always move before Chimaera. However, the Chimaera has one less turn of cool down on her Ultimate than Executrix, so although it is slower, if the battle lasts long enough, Thrawn will execute Strategic Dominance first every time.
  • I like to use the following lineup on defense:

Whichever 5 get the "2%" dodge most often.

It works well with pretty much any 5.