Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Should I continue to farm Rey?

So I'm new and didn't realize how difficult it is to earn shards for certain characters. Currently I have 45 Rey shards, but didn't realize I was only getting a 4* Rey. Is it worth my time to continue my pursuit of her? Or am I wasting my time.
  • Rey "alone" does not one shot most characters (in the 70-gear8 world of arena) despite the growing whining about it, especially not current FOTP 7* (will change with update I guess), nor Kylo's and Phasma's and Poe's. She'll be able to one shot some high damage units IF she crits and IF she is not debuffed herself (which Poe successfully does with an Expose, or Sid with a dot).

She's vulnerable to AOEs and Assists units: Geo and QGJ and FOTP double attacks can also one shot her in that round. Even 88 dodges her attack too (happens to me more often than I care to say). The trick is hopefully to get an expose from your own Poe and use her attacks on those units in round 2, or use a leader or other unit who buff her appropriately.

That's what I like about Rey. She's a gamble to use. I've had Rey exploded to bits before I could do anything with her, also more often than not. Finn is also key to my team in that regards, not just Rey.
  • "Fantazy;99516" wrote:
    Rey "alone" does not one shot most characters (in the 70-gear8 world of arena) despite the growing whining about it, especially not current FOTP 7* (will change with update I guess), nor Kylo's and Phasma's and Poe's. She'll be able to one shot some high damage units IF she crits and IF she is not debuffed herself (which Poe successfully does with an Expose, or Sid with a dot).

She's vulnerable to AOEs and Assists units: Geo and QGJ and FOTP double attacks can also one shot her in that round. Even 88 dodges her attack too (happens to me more often than I care to say). The trick is hopefully to get an expose from your own Poe and use her attacks on those units in round 2, or use a leader or other unit who buff her appropriately.

That's what I like about Rey. She's a gamble to use. I've had Rey exploded to bits before I could do anything with her, also more often than not. Finn is also key to my team in that regards, not just Rey.

It's all about who wins the flip. Rey isn't much different than FOTP, GS, IG-86 or others when it comes to insane damage. Rey goes first, she kills someone. Let me go first, Rey is dead.
  • She needs to be buffed or at least not debuffed for a possible one shot. I've one shot 7* before and my rey is only 5* but she needs to be buffed for it to happen.
  • "Gobear5555;100023" wrote:
    Collecting every characters is part of the fun. Don't forget it's about fun not just arena ranking and how strong your team is. Btw she is top tier toon anyway so why not.

I agree. Rey is a must just because she's Rey.. and if you have the funds to level her up, at minimum she will make your GW squad.

I also like the way the guy above spelled extreamly. :)
  • facts on rey:

- she is hot

- hits like a truck

- hot

- fast

- foresight (can't be hit)

- hot

so yeah, I have her and suggest you keep working it
  • Spent around 900+ crystals on 3 nodes for Rey tonight got 11 shards...

• With regular refills and the new free energy coming up, farming Rey shouldn't be a problem. All toons require the same amount of shards to reach top rank. And she's a whole lot better than most. I've farmed Dooku since forever to 5 stars and he's still not good enough for Arena but he's a good toon. I'm sure I'll find a use for him when he's maxed. Just don't neglect your primary toons for any long-term toon, however powerful he/she might be right now and you'll be OK.