Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Tie Reaper (and pilots) worth the farm?

I've heard several people say Tie Reaper is a fantastic ship. But it's a long farm on it's own, not to mention you also need two long-farm troopers. Granted one is on the same node as the ship, but the other is a 16-energy cantina node at a time when there are so many other cantina energy farms needed (especially with the Vets moving there today).

I run Tarkin with Biggs/Tie/Tie Adv/FO Tie/Boba. Every one of my other ships feeds Biggs taunt/protection. Reaper doesn't do that.

So in this situation, is it worth farming Reaper? And would he be in the starting lineup or bench? Current bench is Wiggs/JC/Geo soldier, none of whom give TL. But TL from bench isn't always as useful anyway since Biggs is often first to die.
  • Mace's ship is basically in impound (5 stars / level 50 / no ability upgrades). I hate using that thing.
  • Yes

TIE Reaper sucks to get and improve:
    - 2 pilots needed
    - hard obtaining of the pilots (hard battle and 16-e cantina battle)
    - hard obtaining of the ship shards (hard battle, but the same as for the pilot)
    - difficult gearing of pilots (Shoretrooper needs 550 Mk3 Carbanti to get to g12)

However, it is so worth it:
    - ultimate manipulation of the enemy capital ship turn meter (you can prevent them from taking turn, therefore never calling reinforcements)
    - buff dispel + protection up abilities (very handy in battle)
    - totally viable at 5* with geared up pilots
    - pilots are one of the best dark side characters (so useful outside of pilot roles)
    - dark side TB coming out (they are both Empire and Imperial Troopers)
    - not everyone has it (so having it can bring huge competitive advantage over those who dont have it)
  • Lol apparently they read this thread and added a reaper/pilot pack. Too bad it's a terrible deal.