Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Zeta Reworked Tarkin Review Video

https://youtu.be/xI28ibsFscI

Welcome back to another Episode Of SWGOH

Today I review the Zeta Grand Moff Tarkin!

As always I am up for some comedy so made a little opening on some things that have happened in SWGOH of recent hope you enjoy it ;)

A quick summary

Tarkin has been a very difficult character to review and has took me a few attempts to get to where we are now.

Increased Base Character Speed

Better Reinforcement Buff

Potency stacks bug defense increase

Capable of hitting some huge numbers when
Stacked

Great for Rancor Raid

Not worth the Zeta as it does nothing much compare to what he can already do.

Great rework

If you enjoyed video please leave a LIKE and Subscribe for more content

What is your thoughts on him do you agree or do you see him differently?
  • Here is my battle with a zeta'd Gar Saxon lead with Tarkin, GK and Chaze for protection vs a Triple cleanse squad. Tarkin counters under Gars lead help increase his potency for his ultimate firepower which is used toward the end of the battle. There are definite weaknesses with this team comp offensively.
    https://youtu.be/k1SBY4xt-WM
  • There are a few players that are actually happy with the reworked Tarkin, out of a sea of unhappy ones, but not even them have said that the damage of the aoe is one of the reasons they like him.
  • "danflorian1984;c-1123340" wrote:
    There are a few players that are actually happy with the reworked Tarkin, out of a sea of unhappy ones, but not even them have said that the damage of the aoe is one of the reasons they like him.

True, I am one of those "happy customers" but I think people trying to turn Tarkin into a death star is the wrong approach to his toon and to his kit.

He's about control. Sometimes he keeps getting his cooldowns increased by Nihilus and I inadvertently drop the hammer towards the end of the battle. It I would much rather reduce enemy turn meter by 50% 2-3 times during the course of the battle all the while spamming offense down.

Dropping the hammer has won me two battles. Keeping the rest of my squad alive while keeping the enemy from moving has won me many many battles.
  • "Huatimus;c-1122698" wrote:
    "Diel;c-1122680" wrote:
    "Huatimus;c-1121907" wrote:
    "Diel;c-1121640" wrote:
    "Huatimus;c-1121457" wrote:
    "Tifer;c-1121448" wrote:
    "Huatimus;c-1121374" wrote:
    His Unique after Zeta only gives you extra 20% Potency since there's only 1 debuffed enemy (Rancor). You're not going to get much extra damage out of that.

But the 60 basic attacks would have built up potency each time.

The 20% would have affected his defense only, which is where the 1 foe comes in. And I would think that'd be good for P3 of haat with all the Droids.

The 60 basic attacks would have built up 3000% Potency, having 3020% Potency is not going to change the damage much.

And I was referring specifically to Geonosian_Spy and his heroic Rancor experience. I wouldn't know if Tarkin is any good in HAAT P3.

I think that the description of his basic can be interpreted in several ways - mathematically. With a couple of different methods I calculated that with 40% potency at the start of the encounter Tarkin could deal between 180% and 600% total damage using Ultimate Power if he built up potency over 5 turns. But there are still other ways to interpret the description of his basic all of which I did not take into consideration.

Edit: I do not think that 3000% is a realistic result.

I don't know what interpretation you're using but you can take a look at the Ability Mechanics, the Potency bonus is Additive, not multiplicative. 5 basic shots means he gets 250% Potency on top of his starting 40% gives 290%. 60 basic shots would give 60 x 50 = 3000% Potency. His Unique also gives Potency additively, hence why I said 3020%, without taking into account starting Potency values of course.

Maybe. And what do 3000% mean? Damage multiplied by 30? I really use Tarkin in GW and raids and have not seen any damage above 200%.

The Potency only stacks till you fire off Ultimate Firepower. If you did 60 basic shots then Ultimate Firepower, damage of UF would be multiplied 30 times. I believe this stacking does not carry over i.e. Does not stack across GW nodes or Raid Phases.

Actually the Potency does stack across Rancor Raid phases (but not GW)
    Am yet to try Tarkin in P3 HAAT. He's cleaning up in The Pit however; after stacking up Potency through the entirety of P1 & P2, just unleashed Ultimate Firepower 1st door down in P3 for 500K+ (sorry don't know how to embed):

http://imgur.com/a/t3Syu
  • "Geonosian_Spy;c-1127004" wrote:
    "Huatimus;c-1122698" wrote:
    "Diel;c-1122680" wrote:
    "Diel;c-1121640" wrote:
    "Tifer;c-1121448" wrote:
    His Unique after Zeta only gives you extra 20% Potency since there's only 1 debuffed enemy (Rancor). You're not going to get much extra damage out of that.

The 20% would have affected his defense only, which is where the 1 foe comes in. And I would think that'd be good for P3 of haat with all the Droids.

The 60 basic attacks would have built up 3000% Potency, having 3020% Potency is not going to change the damage much.

And I was referring specifically to Geonosian_Spy and his heroic Rancor experience. I wouldn't know if Tarkin is any good in HAAT P3.

I think that the description of his basic can be interpreted in several ways - mathematically. With a couple of different methods I calculated that with 40% potency at the start of the encounter Tarkin could deal between 180% and 600% total damage using Ultimate Power if he built up potency over 5 turns. But there are still other ways to interpret the description of his basic all of which I did not take into consideration.

I don't know what interpretation you're using but you can take a look at the Ability Mechanics, the Potency bonus is Additive, not multiplicative. 5 basic shots means he gets 250% Potency on top of his starting 40% gives 290%. 60 basic shots would give 60 x 50 = 3000% Potency. His Unique also gives Potency additively, hence why I said 3020%, without taking into account starting Potency values of course.

Maybe. And what do 3000% mean? Damage multiplied by 30? I really use Tarkin in GW and raids and have not seen any damage above 200%.

The Potency only stacks till you fire off Ultimate Firepower. If you did 60 basic shots then Ultimate Firepower, damage of UF would be multiplied 30 times. I believe this stacking does not carry over i.e. Does not stack across GW nodes or Raid Phases.

Am yet to try Tarkin in P3 HAAT. He's cleaning up in The Pit however; after stacking up Potency through the entirety of P1 & P2, just unleashed Ultimate Firepower 1st door down in P3 for 500K+ (sorry don't know how to embed):

Nice! Good to know, maybe I'll try it out too.
  • "Huatimus;c-1127026" wrote:
    "Geonosian_Spy;c-1127004" wrote:
    "Diel;c-1122680" wrote:
    "Diel;c-1121640" wrote:
    "Tifer;c-1121448" wrote:

Let us know how it goes... also, I'm curious if the stacking Potency is exclusive to just The Pit or if there's some carry-over on Haat too.
  • "Geonosian_Spy;c-1128109" wrote:
    "Huatimus;c-1127026" wrote:
    "Diel;c-1122680" wrote:
    "Diel;c-1121640" wrote:
    "Tifer;c-1121448" wrote:

Let us know how it goes... also, I'm curious if the stacking Potency is exclusive to just The Pit or if there's some carry-over on Haat too.

Well I just tried it out and it stacked through the phases of Rancor, but I unleashed in P4 and somehow the numbers didn't appear. It did do about 10% of P4. Now I'm more interested in whether it's possible to somehow use Darth Sidious Leadership to stack a lot of offense for the Sith through HAAT phases.
  • The stacking of potency might help vs a Thrawn with 100+ tenacity. :)
  • "Huatimus;c-1128320" wrote:
    "Geonosian_Spy;c-1128109" wrote:
    "Huatimus;c-1127026" wrote:
    "Diel;c-1122680" wrote:
    "Diel;c-1121640" wrote:
    "Tifer;c-1121448" wrote:

Well I just tried it out and it stacked through the phases of Rancor, but I unleashed in P4 and somehow the numbers didn't appear. It did do about 10% of P4. Now I'm more interested in whether it's possible to somehow use Darth Sidious Leadership to stack a lot of offense for the Sith through HAAT phases.

Same. I managed to not get devoured and with about 40% remaining in P4 I DROPPED THE HAMMER, here it comes, Ultimate Firepower -- but... it was like throwing a paper airplane at the Rancor instead. I want to know the secret sauce behind registering the big AOE during P4 because I did precisely what the guy on Reddit who posted 1.3mil did yet it was a dud. So far I've only been able to register the big damage with the door down.

As @Gaidal_Cain pointed out, Tarkin's AOE effectiveness comes in nickels and pennies. The previous Pit, after I dropped a half mil, I spent the second half of the solo using UF for TMR whenever Jyn or Teebo failed and didn't come close to losing a single toon.