Forum Discussion

brandontaylor615
Rising Traveler
4 years ago

Barnacle Bay will not download

I just bought Barnacle Bay last night and successfully redeemed the code. It showed up in my purchase history so I clicked it to download. It started out fine in the launcher but then it gave me an error and told me to check my game log. Checking that, it told me that more bytes were expected and that's what caused it to fail. I looked up troubleshooting tips but everything I found that was closer to my issue was back in 2011 and the information did not help. I was just wondering if anyone else here had any issues and if they have any tips to help me.
  • This is the thread I found in HQ
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Barnacle-Bay-Not-Downloading/m-p/10168508#M245373
  • @Me1620 I have had so many issues with the 64 bit Mac release that I have had to give up a few times, for a while. I just lurk the HQ and type in my issues in the search box and see what drops down in the box. Luckily I have been able to play it the last two days with no issues (knocks on wood). Its been tough because I'm not tech savvy but I am learning to clear caches, move folder out and start fresh, etc :D
  • Just an idea if all else fails. I think you need the version that's in your purchase history that EA gave. I had trouble with the one I bought but the one that they gave in the purchase history downloads fine. Go to your purchase history to get it. It'll be back a little way.
    me1620
    Rising Adventurer
    @FairyGodMother - It is aggravating when the game we love so much has so many issues. I have been fortunate that I have not had any that have made my game unplayable. I have the PC disc version.
  • I'm really starting to think it's just my cruddy internet, now that I've tried everything and had issues with items I hadn't before. I run off a Verizon Jetpack with limited high speed data so it's very likely. I'm waiting until my data rolls over on Tuesday and will try again then. If it works, then I know that was the issue and I can go ahead and buy the next store world I want.