Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Game crashing after a few minutes... and isla paradiso question.

Both my saves close themselves. used to be a few minutes but now it's quickly. I deleted the carousel musicbox from ATS3 that I thought was causing issues by deleting it in the launcher. Did I miss a step?

I also installed a fixed Isla Paradiso from ciane's wordpress. I put it in installed worlds. Does it replace isla paradiso itself or am I missing a step there too?

I do use Nraas mods already but they don't solve my lag issues much.

Please help!

• None of what @ciane offers here in regards to fixing Isla Paradiso has anything to do with Installed Worlds. She offers playable game saves, among a very large number of other brilliant things. What's different about her blog offerings?

Isla Paradiso itself is an EP world, it can't be replaced with another version of itself without changing things in the EP's Program Files.
  • Yes, EllaCharmed makes fixed up .world files. They get installed by replacing the .world file within the EP Program Files, not by using InstalledWorlds in the user game folder in Documents. Her worlds are substitutes for the EP worlds, they do not provide an extra world that one might load up or move to. And her stuff is great, but it is usually agreed upon that her version if Isla Paradiso just doesn't go far enough to fix the major flaws.

It should also be noted that replacing the underlying .world file in the Program Files when you already have a game in progress going in that world is not a very good idea since that tends to break things (for that ongoing game).
  • Weird... Things are working good at least, just lag here and there.
    I just know I downloaded a fixed .world file placed it in installed worlds but it hasn't done anything.
    Maybe it was from ella... something... not ciane?