Forum Discussion

16 years ago

Is there any way to join the maid career?

I wanted a maide family an I cant find anywhere you could go and join the career. I had a maid move int he house and after that it said she was emnployed so i was confused :?
    ck213
    Seasoned Scout
    You could do what I do and make a live-in maid, though there are no career benefits like...uh, pay. But you can always take money from the family they work for. You can actually go to work with your sim because they are at work. :P

Just take a sim, use the enabletestingcheats cheat, go into CAS and get her a maid's uniform and let her or him clean their little hearts out.

Make them neat, natural cook, and a green thumb if you want to them to grow food.
    I also made a butler who is also neat, but also handy and brave. I make him, well, her in this case, repair whatever needs repairing, upgrade appliances, answer the phone and doorbell, bring in the newspaper, recycle newspaper, fill in for the maid where necessary, and drive any of the Wellingtons wherever they need to go.

Actually, this idea was suggested to me in a thread I had made about mansions. I'm having a little fun with it.

I'm thinking about letting the Wellington family run on automatic to see if I can screw up their lives while I look after the the maid and butler and make sure the house stays clean. :evil: I could have them make money off the Wellingtons, build skills, and put away money until they find someone to marry and move out.