Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Thinking about starting a sims YouTube channel,any advice?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post,but I've been thinking about making a simming YouTube channel.but I have a few concerns.
1. I am very shy and always have been.im not sure if that would change as I got used to filming .
2.i don't have the best mic and can't afford a better one and I don't want to kill the viewers (if any)with my voice if it's to bad.
3.i don't know of any good (and free)recording software and editing software.

I have an Alienware x51.nvidia 660 graphic card (may upgrade to 970,but not to sure yet)and an i7 processer. 8gb of memory .do you think I would be able to record with this ?
Big thanks In advance
  • So many people want to start a Sims related youtube channel, woo ^-^ I would like to as well, but I probably wouldn't speak much... My idea is to just do plain house walk throughs from a Sim's perspective of things I build, instead of speed builds, those are everywhere. I doubt it'd work out well though..
  • I've thought about this too. But I will freely admit I don't think I have the confidence. I love to watch other Youtubers play.
    karritz
    New Spectator
    I use OBS Studio to record my game. Then I import the videos I've recorded into movie Maker and cut my videos up so they make a story. Then I record my narration over the top of it using movie Maker and my laptop's built in microphone.

I need to cut it up as I'm playing in Isla Paradiso and the lag is horrendous. I think I'll use this method of making videos when I finish this game and move on to another world.
  • I had a Sims channel for about a week before giving up. I recorded with aTube Catcher and didn't edit. I didn't use a microphone. My most popular video had 5 views. I say it's too hard. You also have to be dedicated to a household for the entire length of your LP, but I delete saves fast.
  • I just saw my posts I made a few years ago on this thread and wow, yikes. Why did I make so many paragraphs...

Ironically, I'm a bit of a troll now... not mean... I just screw with people in online chats sometimes. xD

"ARRensch;c-13979082" wrote:
    Yes... trolls. So uncool, just kind of want to squash those little cockroaches.

Glad these forums are full of nice, decent human beings.

rip