Forum Discussion

junimoplush
Newcomer
3 days ago

Sims 3 Launcher Only Opens EA App

My Sims 3 game has been perfectly fine since installation but last night it wouldn't open. Every time i tried to launch it it would open the EA App and do nothing else. I have tried uninstalling it multiple times alongside the EA App. I've used Revo Uninstaller as well. My CPU isn't the problem. I have also tried the AlderLake fix. I've tried everything in every forum and on Reddit and nothing has fixed it. Here's my dxdiag form for anybody who would want it. Please help, the Sims 3 is my favorite game and I was looking forward to continue playing it :(

• junimoplush  Thanks for the dxdiag, which is always appreciated in cases like this.  Please manually uninstall .NET Framework 3.5, which Sims 3 uses.  Click Windows key-R, enter appwiz.cpl in the run box, click "Turn Windows features on or off," and you'll see .NET 3.5 near the top of the list.  Click the filled-in box to uninstall, and restart your computer.  Repeat the process, clicking the now-empty box to reinstall .NET 3.5, and restart again.

If that doesn't help, please move the entire Sims 3 older out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily unread by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save.