Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Happy Haunts Game Pack: Artstyle and World

https://simsvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/upscale-miles-dulay-screen-shot-2020-02-08-at-11-09-28-am.jpg

That concept art above is one of many concept arts from the base game. I have seen it a long time ago, but it came to my attention lately after SimsVip made a post with a bunch of the concepts together, and I just can't stop feeling like its so perfect for a Happy Haunts game pack.
Maybe we could have a world like Strangerville, but in a dark swamp setting, with cricket and crocodile sounds, fog and lots of water a plants. I love Twinbrook from Sims 3, maybe they could even introduce some premade sims from that world in Sims 4... It would be even cool to see an update to the Grim Reaper making it possible to date/marry and have kids with them and having a special trait like the father winter has. Then they could add Olive Specter and Nervous Subject in this pack too.
I would love a new Cemetery Lot Type, Ghost Hunting career, gypsy matchmakers, Gypsy Caravans, the magical wardrobe, the Bonehilda, Fortune Teller career, etc etc...
  • @ddd994 I don't think they were planning to add that to the base game. I mean, they were planning, but didn't have to. They come up with tons and tons of concept art for the game. Like, we had 92 concept arts for clothing in the community voted SP, but most of them aren't going to be added to the game... now. Maybe in the future they will revisit those concepts, like they did with the laundry day concepts. That's why I shared this old concept art here, mentioning Happy Haunts, cuz it would be the perfect moment to revisit this concept.
  • I'd like to see this and given the support that happy haunts had I hope we will get a pack like this. It would be ironic if it was a Game Pack, when
    knitting/arts and crafts won the stuff pack vote.
  • Happy Haunts as a game pack sounds cool. I'm thinking of a world similar to Moonlight Falls, and the build-buy items for haunted houses would look run-down or old (think abandoned houses and the Now & Then Century Manor from Sims 3). Would be nice if ghosts get an overhaul. We had spookier ghosts in previous iterations.
  • I don't know whether I'd be interested in Happy Haunts for myself but I'm obviously fine with them releasing it given the popularity.

I played a lot with Twinbrook actually and would be willing to see it come back in some form. I also have nearly completely filled Willow Creek, so I enjoy it including the less fancy parts of town.

I would have interest in fortune tellers and some other concepts of that nature though I do not know whether Happy Haunts would be designed in a way that would appeal to me. I'd rather keep everything really light and I'm not interested in fear or in being the grim reaper. I'll be fine if a pack comes out that doesn't appeal to me, though obviously I'd sit that out. I might take astrology in a pack like that though I'm neutral about it coming back. I'm really not a supernatural player though I have an interest in historic themes. This means that I ended up getting the vampires and ROM in bundles after I knew that I could limit them in my game. I didn't buy the packs immediately and complain.

I'd love seeing more of their concept art though. It seems wonderfully detailed for being something that we never actually see. So, I'm probably not the main audience for this but it might appeal to me or not. It's possible that I could have a supernatural save at some point but I'm happy as I am.