Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Is there a celebrity endorsement you would support with The Sims?

I dont care to see irl celebrities in my game at ALL. But! I was thinking earlier if there was one what would I like to see?

I doubt ea could pull it, but I think a collab with a koreanpop entertainment company could work very well and perfect for the demographic. With Big Hit, YG, SM etc.

I wouldnt want an immortal sims Jimin in the game but something like the costumes/fits from some of the popular music videos, like Blackpink or Red Velvet, or an object in the game thats like and SM music video box (the infamous ones 😂) that your sims could dance in/stage photos that would be really useful for simmers who download a lot of pose packs. It could be easier to make music videos in the sims. That and adding a choreography skill and have various dances your sims could unlock (please something more than just The Smustle)
    cb2342z
    New Spectator
    "StrawberryYogurt;c-17602598" wrote:
    @cody6268 what is worthwhile?

Any concept that has not been explored, and a pack that is well-designed, with a good focus on the subject, and content based on the type of pack it is. Not a bunch of stuff thrown together, with elements that don't seem to belong, and elements missing that fit the topic well.
  • I don't listen to her a lot, but Billie EIlish has some unique outfits and I would like to see that come in a free pack/update
  • "PlayerSinger2010;c-17603064" wrote:
    No. I don't want any real life influences/brands in the game. None.

I most vehemently agree...

"Just say no" to the steady drip of intravenous consumerism.
  • Honestly.. I don't think I'd recognize any celebrity they put in the game haha. I don't really follow any or know what they look like. So I guess it makes no difference to me who endorses it. Anyways it's not like having a celebrity say they like the game is gonna make me think I do too.. As everyone is diff. I like it on my own actually
  • I am pretty much anti endorsements, although I LOVED the concept and execution of The Sims House Party. I'm a huge fan of Drew Carey, although he's not relevant now. They also had an "Elvis" character named El Viz the Dancer.

I can't think of any specific examples that are relevant today — because with the Internet and everything, the fans have their own celebrities all over the place.

The least that I would request is that the specific celebrities/brands/bands would please provide voice acting for the game. If they can do more, for example, provide motion capture for dance moves — and CAS and Build/Buy design direction — then I would be in awe. :)